BUG FIXES

General crash fixes and memory optimizations

Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly

In "A Cornered Rat", the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression

Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion's quests properly

Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded

Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking

Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor

Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly

Fixed issue where "Rescue Mission" was preventing "Taking Care of Business" from starting properly

Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences

Fixed issue in "Diplomatic Immunity" where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress

In "Hard Answers", picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest no longer restarts the quest

Killing Viola before or after Blood on the Ice" no longer blocks progression

Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in "Blood on the Ice"

In "Waking Nightmare" fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly

Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank

Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play

Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun

Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served

Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly

Fixed issue where the Headsman's Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk

In "A Night to Remember" it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest

Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow

Fixed issue with "The Wolf Queen Awakened" where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress

The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes

Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly

In "Tending the Flames" King Olaf's Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

I don't particularly care one way or the other about new kill cams, but everything else is indeed a welcome addition.

Also, after getting curious, I poked the Update.bsa file to see what else was there. There are crossbow animation files listed. We may yet get our beloved crossbows. Well, beloved to those who care I guess :P

Going to check to see if they stealth fixed the navmesh bug. Don't count on it though. If it's not fixed, I guess I'll have to resign myself to pulling Open Cities Skyrim from distribution as using the ESM hack doesn't work on it.

Files modified with Patch 1.5

Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Update.esm

Update.bsa

Honestly, this is a big disappointment. Once again they've failed to recognize the console users complaints or address them - constant freezing, low res textures, save game bloat. All things that can and have been addressed for PC users by mods or the UOP. Bad Beth, bad.Not one of those bug fixes affects me, never had issues, yet they'll force this patch on me anyway so we can no longer grind out iron daggers for skill leveling. Wonderful. Better underwater view? Whoopee. Can marry Lydia? Wtf, how is that a bug?New killcams do look cool but I'm not jumping for joy to get them.

Well the 1.4 patch series DID address bloat, but so far only for ash piles. Which probably isn't worth much. This patch has now extended that to the thousands of arrows that I'm sure us archer types have littered around the place. So that too will help with bloat, and is something that hasn't been addressed in the USKP or some other mod.Plenty of those broken quests they list are genuine issues too. So seeing them fixed is a welcome thing, no matter how you slice it. The only thing I see on this list that won't eventually make it to consoles is the shadows on grass, which isn't as impressive as it might sound.Not sure where you get that iron daggers won't contribute to smithing skill?The biggest problem that's come up because of this patch though is that it seems any mod that's touched a navmesh for some reason is now swiss cheese. As in ruined by CTDs upon cell transitions. So the navmesh bug is getting WORSE, not better, and that does impact console use in the future too considering those will exist as mod files.

This part here; or so I've read on bgs beta forum.Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s valuewill make it not worth it any longer. Doesn't really matter, I've never grinded skills.I'm real sorry to hear about your OCS, that's gotta be a blow after doing everything you could to get it under control.

Yeah, apparently people figured out that means no more spamming iron daggers to get 100 smithing skill by level 5. :P I can't say I'm disappointed to hear that since it will give purpose to having to find the exotic ores and actually use them to make things. I thought it meant the gold value of the items was going to depend on your skill though, which would have been nice.Sucks, but hey. I had already hit a snag in Windhelm anyway and couldn't get it under control there so the project was already technically suspended, but this latest twist is going to kill it outright if the navmesh bug sits unfixed for another 2 months.It isn't just OCS either. Any mod that edits a navmesh, no matter how small, is starting to feel the effect. Some house mod folks in the CK forum have reported that even their relatively small stuff is generating the same problem. I don't know how, but Bethesda has managed to turn what was merely annoying into a fatal error of epic proportions.Plus the CK itself is now busted and doesn't work properly with the 1.5 update. They changed one of the record formats because of the kill cam additions and now the CK is angry all the time. It can't really be trusted right now.

Alright, heads up people, Skyrim 1.5 just went live and the CK has been updated to follow it. Be on your toes if you're doing any work right now and don't be That Guy® who gets burned not realizing it.

They went live with no announcement, and no acknowledgement of the issues in the beta forum.Nice. They are really dropping the ball on customer relations lately.

They could have been slightly more visible with it, yes. They simply updated last week's bethblog post to a full release instead of a beta announcement. Doesn't do much good for folks tracking it via RSS.The CK update had zero notice though other than a mention in the podcast that it was coming. Which also claimed a navmesh bug fix, which of course I must now go check on. If it's true, OCS was just saved from extinction. If not, well...And if I haven't made it clear enough, mods generated with CK 1.5.24 are incompatible with earlier versions of the game!

Well, progress at least on navmeshes.* Fast travel to Riften Stables.* Walk through town plaza, note everyone in correct spots.* Leave through north gate, walk to nearby fort several cells away.* Walk back to Riften.This would have resulted in everyone standing around on the balconies. They were not. They are in fact navigating their proper routes.Next test was to then fast travel to Whiterun Stables. Walk into town, all the way up to Dragonsreach, then back down to the stables. Out to the watchtower where you kill the first dragon. Back to the city, all the way back up to Dragonsreach.Result is usually a gathering of NPCs on top of the guard shack and some scattered around the walls. Nope. They're all navigating as expected.On the surface, it appears fixed with a plain old ESP.Now, the problem I'm still having may be due to Open Cities. If after doing the Whiterun check I attempt to fast travel BACK into Riften on the same game session, it crashes. Alternately, if I attempt to go inside Dragonsreach, go down through the dungeon, and then back outside via the guard shack (using the prison cell breakout), crash. These scenarios were NOT happening before, but I can't determine if they're due to Open Cities Skyrim or not.The version of OCS I'm testing with still can't approach Windhelm on foot, so I don't know WTF happened there. It looks like at least some work is going to need to be excised from the file and redone. Windhelm probably got hosed when I used navmesh optimization there.Bottom line, it's far better off than it was. It needs to be checked with mods that aren't trying to do what I'm doing. Villages, house mods, etc. In order to check them, you MUST refinalize ALL of your navmeshes that you've either edited or added. If you don't, the data is still hosed in your .esp file.

So. Checked my Papyrus logs as I was trying to goad MS11 into working and they're filled with shit like this:

[03/20/2012 - 09:59:50PM] error: Object reference has no 3Dstack:	[ (0001E68C)].Sound.Play() - "" Line ?	[ (000EF1EF)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.psc" Line ?

So much so Papyrus then complains that it's reached it's limit on suspended stacks if the game is up long enough. I don't remember this being an issue in 1.4.

Those look new to me too. Jesus, does Beth even bother looking at the Papyrus logs? Maybe you should tell them where they are, Arthmoor. :lol:

Yeah, well. They jammed all of the compiled scripts into the Misc files BSA and I can't even determine which ones have been updated. I'm fed up with the log spam though, so I think I'm going to just go with what I can see (since we didn't get updated CK scripts either) and try to determine why these things are broken. If they cease being broken, they cease eating up log space with suspended stack warnings, and perhaps the game can free up the lost cycles it's wasting on this.Also a mass of beauties like this:

[03/20/2012 - 09:59:53PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"stack:	[ (0009F82B)].dunBluePalaceArenaSCRIPT.OnUpdate() - "dunBluePalaceArenaSCRIPT.psc" Line ?

Junk that indicates some arena quest is operating behind the scenes that shouldn't be, since we obviously don't have one.

So I haven't listened to it myself but I hear Arthmoor got a mention by Todd in today's podcast for your help tracking down the navmesh bug. Cool. :)

Right. Should have known this wasn't going to fly. Damn Papyrus and storing shit in the save.That was Joel Burgess btw, not Todd. I don't think Todd was on the podcast the other day.

I have a house mod that was a prime example of the navmesh bug. Since the update, whenever I would expect to see the navmesh bug (aka slaughterfish in the garden). I instead get a CTD, like clockwork. I refinalized all the navmeshs and still see the same exact issue. I'm currently doing more testing.

Yep, sounds about right. Sucks, but for some odd reason you can at least approach on foot. So the anti-fast travel crowd probably won't care. The devs are aware of the change in the nature of the bug, so hopefully some kind of fix will be forthcoming.

Hmm, seems like AMD users have just had the 1.5 update blow up in their faces. Tons of issues being reported in the Tech support forum, and the one common thread between them is that they all have AMD cards. Most people are chalking this up to bad drivers right now.Makes me glad I'm an nVidia guy. :tongue:

Oh? Such as? Being an AMD guy myself, the only issue that's been caused so far was water not working because I had DoF turned off. Other than the navmesh issue, nothing else is wrong with the game. Using Catalyst 12.3, so perhaps driver issues?

Right. So there was a 1.5.26 beta today. GStaff just posted the changelog.I can confirm the CTD issue with navmeshes is now "fixed" by them having backed out whatever happened on the exe side. And yes, the navmeshes are once again broken. The Riften test sent them all back up to the balconies. Although I guess that means I could put OCS back up live since NPCs being in odd places isn't anywhere near as bad as CTDs :P