Enchanting [Skyrim]

Hana

First I'm going to ask the question I think I know the answer to; Is there anyone in Skyrim who will recharge enchanted weapons for you?Assuming I'm right and the answer is no, here's my problem. I'm a hack 'n slash Warrior through and through. No, or very limited, magic hocus pocus for this gal (I do have and have used novice level flames and sparks), here or in Oblivion. I've used up the enchantments on some very nice weapons and I need to get them, well, re-enchanted. I don't exactly know how.I know you need a soul gem, I know you need to capture souls somehow. Guess I need to find a capture soul weapon first. Then I need to find an enchanting table thingy. Then I haven't a clue.I'm also really scared of the warning that enchanting an object will destroy it in the process. What does that mean? Is it safe and I'm just paranoid? Oh, and my enchantment skill is still 15, I've never touched it.

If you can find some gems that are already filled, you can recharge the weapons in your inventory without having to go to an enchanting table. I don't know how you'd go about that with an XBox controller though. On PC, you'd hit "T" while hovering over the weapon you want charged, then pick a soul gem to use.So far as I've been able to find, there are no recharge services in the game and now that you mention it that seems like a glaring mistake. That being the case it'll be something for modders to fix assuming the underlying system still exists.If your warrior is not afraid to do Daedra quests, the Mace of Molag Bal is excellent. If not, any of the of Animus weapons will do the job.

TL;DR - You can totally leave the enchanting tables alone.The easiest way to do the enchanting thing without trying to soul trap half of Skyrim is just to buy some soul gems from your friendly local court mage, ie. Whiterun (or kill dudes and loot them). You can re-enchant weapons straight from your inventory. I have no idea how you Xbox people do it, but there's a button when you hover over the weapon.The item destruction warning is for disenchanting an item to learn the enchantment on an enchanting table. Unless you're going to learn to enchant your own gear, you can ignore this. Otherwise, basically you pick an item you have, it goes completely away, and you learn whatever enchantments were on it. This is the only way to learn new enchantments.If you were actually planning to enchant your own gear (not worth it except at very high enchant levels with a full perk tree, at which point it's ludicrously OP), then you would show up to an enchanting table with a non-magic item and a soul gem and work something out. Since that's not what you're trying to do, well.Basically the whole system works about like it did in Oblivion.

Oh, hell, if I don't have to run around capturing souls then I won't. Didn't know court mages sold them as I've never talked to one. Oh wait, I lied. There is that guy in Whiterun who's all gaga about the dragons. I'll go pay him a visit then work out how to do it in inventory.As for the Daedra quests - I didn't want to do them but again, it's something you get sucked into without even knowing. Seriously, why the fuck are they city quests? Dawnstar nightmares, too bad. House of Horrors, geezus. Drinking with Sam, Sanguine you suck. And that stupid dog that took off and I have no idea where he is, if I ever find him I'm just gonna kill him. I've never heard of "Animus" weapons but I did buy a bow of binding.

Totally agree on the Daedric quests. After a while I've learned to sniff them out. I guess Beth thought they were being clever.

Well I happen to like the way they introduced those. Some of their better work. Too bad the rest of the game wasn't quite so ingenious in its quest delivery.

I, too, really enjoyed the lead-in for the Daedric quests. My personal favorite at this point was Mehrunes Dagon's because I actually got to make a meaningful choice at the end: murder this innocent practitioner and be permitted to keep the Razor, or let him live and displease Dagon.The character I was playing at the time was a thief with honor, by his code (and the creed of the Thieves Guild) he will never spill a drop of innocent blood. But I have to say... it was tempting to make an exception, just once.But he overcame his greed in the end. Too bad that guy died anyways when Dagon sent down his Dremora. :sad:

I liked Dagon's quest a lot too. And the guy lived! My companion was not so lucky. :sad:The whole house of horrors thing, although cool, felt a bit forced. Y'know, shouldn't there be a way to get it out of your journal without doing what Mogal Bal wants.Also, I didn't know that the Namira quest was a daedric quest at the time so I killed to woman out of general dislike for cannibals. Oops.

I guess my problem is that I'm suffering from quest overload at this point. I've gotten to the point where I don't want to talk to anybody anymore! And with some of the Daedric quests, you really do have to seize the opportunity when it arrives or you could go a long time before you get the chance again.

Hmm, so the handy dandy guide doesn't mention anything about how to "recharge", just how to enchant ... which apparently means I need to learn enchantments first. :blink:

Recharging a weapon is done by: 1. Highlighting the weapon in your inventory2. pressing T (if you are a good girl and leave the keybindings at default so Skyrim won't rage at you for being a nonconformist)3. scrolling through your abbreviated list of soul gems until you reach the one you want to use4. hitting whatever button is tasked to "Yes." Repeat from 2 for each consecutive recharge.I guarantee you will grow to loathe this UI the longer you use it. :crazy:

Try this, about 4 minutes in:

Or maybe the
, since something appears biffed about the embed.[edit] Or, aside to Samson, QSF could not be handling the ?t-4m1s portion of that embed code correctly for some reason. Or maybe Youtube isn't. One of those.

Thanks anyway, TK :)And thank you Dwip, I love you. Notice the UI doesn't tell you that you can do that, hence my confusion.Finished the MQ last night. Wow. Waaaaaaay better than Oblivion.

One point about recharging: when you highlight a soul gem, the little meter shows you how much that gem will recharge your weapon. So you can scroll through the list of soul gems and find the right level to recharge your weapon with without wasting a large gem on a weapon that doesn't need that much charging. That is explained in the video Dwip posted, if you manage to sit through it!

Yep yep, got it all figured out and am a happy camper. I did what the guy did and used petty/common gems to fill. :)