Nehrim - At Fate's Edge

Arthmoor

Wait, how is it we never started a proper Nehrim thread anyway? This gets fixed now.

Second, as folks may or may not be aware, version 1.5 is out. For those who can speak German, have at it. Those of us who don't need to hang tight for the English translation update. Not sure if I'll bother trying to replay the whole thing over again, but there's enough new content mentioned to at least go back in for another look.

• 4 weeks later...

The English version of Nehrim 1.5 is out now. If you haven't played yet, what are you waiting for?

Yes, it might require you to not play Skyrim for a few days :P

Nehrim is worth it though if you're looking for a break - or if you're one of those poor souls the Steam patch broke Skyrim for.

Consider yourself lucky. Seriously. It's borked a massive number of installs and Google has no trouble finding posts on forum after forum about how the new "patch" shattered stability for all but a select few.

Anyway, you really should consider trying Nehrim out. Even Skyrim could stand to learn some things from the mechanics it uses.

I shut down steam before it could make its little update :grinning:

Though I do need to finish Nehrim sometime or other, considering I got Skyrim while I was right at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone over on the Nehrim team loves tower defense games. They made TWO of them you can access after finishing off the post-MQ material they added with 1.5. They're both very well thought out and were surprisingly fun to play despite having no real point. It brings a whole new perspective to that type of game when you get to experience it in 1st person 3D.

Some of the stuff those guys have done with scripts is incredible. You wouldn't pick up that the sort of stuff in Nehrim is possible if all you ever played was vanilla Oblivion.