Open CUOBC Reborn!

AnImpatientFan

Open Cyrodiil Updgrade Overhaul Better Cities RebornMind = Blownj/kSeriously though, would that even be possible? I mean let's say Lord Delusional suddenly climbed out of the hole he came from and allowed us to "directly edit my .esps"

Possible, yes, and even possible without directly editing his precious ESPs too. It would be a bit of a scripting nightmare to pull it off though, and it's a complete bust if there are any landscape differences. So no OCR in that equation, but as long as the landscape heightmap isn't significantly different for BC/OBC/OCC/CUO it can be done.

I'll bet that'd serve to stress test most player's gaming boxes a bit though. Especially if whoever sought to undertake it went so far as to make all the cities, including IC, "open" too.

I won't argue that it'd be pretty cool in concept, but I'd pity most people who tried to use it without realizing what sort of drain on resources it'd represent. Maybe it'd be one of the few (the only?) mods to actually list system requirements and recommended system configurations...

There are some that list requirements, or at least give recommendations about hardware. (Better Cities being an example) But the mod described here would be a killer, that's for sure. "Warning: unless you have the latest razzle dazzle super-computer this mod will blow your computer". Also, if someone were to do this, it would be the second mod to get "game of the year" in it's own right. (OOO being the first)

There are some that list requirements' date=' or at least give recommendations about hardware. (Better Cities being an example)[/quote']Are there? I hadn't noticed (or at least couldn't remember having noticed) any that did, that's why I phrased it that way.
But the mod described here would be a killer' date=' that's for sure. "Warning: unless you have the latest razzle dazzle super-computer this mod will blow your computer".[/quote']Yup, exactly what I had in mind too. :lol:
Also' date=' if someone were to do this, it would be the second mod to get "game of the year" in it's own right. (OOO being the first)[/quote']I can't argue that one.

Yea, in the Better Cities introduction/readme, Ismelda kind of tries to do it with humor:"You use your computer to play chess, and haven't updated it in ten years -no;You have a semi-decent computer from last year- maybeYou have the latest hardware and drivers- definately"OK, paraphrasing a bit, but that's the gist of it. :)

Sounds far less helpful than outright system reqs given by most games, but certainly more entertaining and almost as informative, provided you know the release date of the readme in question. ;)

Well with the extreme amount of clutter BC adds to the cities, sometimes it's a miracle even modern PCs can run it. OBC is nearly out of the question though, which is odd because the resource drain shouldn't be any more severe than with straight BC. Could be there's a limit on how much can get displayed in a given outdoor area. Perhaps compounded by bodies of water nearby, as with Anvil. It just isn't an issue with OCC/OCR.Throwing in CUO stuff on top of all that though would be murder. It can be done though, but you'd best be planning to overclock to >4Ghz with a 6970 card @1.2Ghz.

Nah, he was still just a kid ack in the 80s when we were still just kids. Surely by now he's grow up at least a little. ;) (After all, by now Professor Falken really is most likely dead and Tic-Tac-Toe is just a faded memory circuit.. and if Obama has his way, even Global Thermonuclear War will be just a faded memory circuit pretty soon.)

I don't remember specifically anymore, it's one of a couple of hundred or so avatar images my wife and I had found for our forums a few years ago when we were setting them up. :shrug:If you'd like to make use of him, I'm sure i could easily arrange to get a copy of him to you. He is already walking that direction anyway.. ;)