Christmas is coming!

Hana

Yes, it's that time of year again. 'Tis the season and all that. What's got me all excited? Two things; this weekend is Toronto's annual Santa Claus Parade (which is a big deal and broadcast globally), plus this thread that I just read at Beth.I do realize some of us here are of different religions and have different holiday traditions, with the typical "Santa" not included (or maybe I should say the commercialized Santa), but I'm going to ask anyway.Does anyone want to help me make a Christmas house mod to enter?

It's really funny, I just told someone on another board that I was NOT doing a Tim Burton version mod when he offered to make a sleigh pulled by Imps. :lol:Tell you what. If you make a menora (candle thingy?), I'll make you a Hanukkah mod :)

Funny you should mention that, last year I made a Menorah for the family because we were stuck in a motel in New Mexico and didn't have access to one of our own from home nor enough funds to buy one. But I made it from a small block of wood and some tin foil, I'm not doing graphics for Oblivion, sorry.

I'm not generally all that big into house mods, but if you need help with testing or just ideas to bounce around, I'm game for that. Otherwise I've got too much still on the plate to be doing much more than little bits and pieces.

I'll take any help I can get, be it ideas or testing or general support. Sorry Conner, but a wood and foil menorah just won't cut it. :DI'm sure I'll need help setting up those new "snow box" thingies that I'd love to use.And I'm almost done with my Santa suit already. :lol:

Feel free to hit me up for small stuff and advice as you like, but my (scant) modding time right now is attempting to make some AFK_Courtiers progress, so at least one of us is doing something for it.

Well, if you're offering, Dwip, I'll happily give you several examples of menorahs that you can pick from to use as a model for Hana on my behalf. :P

So is the AFK_Arena mod ever going to see light of day? I know, I'm one to talk with an army of projects, but it didn't seem like you had much left to do with it.

Yeah, that's also on my plate. I wanted to do some stuff for AFK_Courtiers first as a prod to the rest of the team to show there's still life there, though.As far as I recall, and it's been a while since I've touched it, the main thing remaining for the fighting part was doing a bit more scripting. Aside from that, there's a fair amount of armor and weapons and clothes and things for the unique fighters, mostly model/texture stuff, and I had planned for some high stakes betting that hasn't been started yet.Was also thinking about adding a tavern via wall house to the district, but I'm not sure if I'll actually go that far. I have no idea how much it would conflict with anything else, among other things.

A tavern addition would be a great idea. Not sure what you're worried about conflicting with?Yes, there is still life in AFK_Courtiers. I haven't forgotten, just haven't posted any stories because I haven't hit a period of grand inspiration yet.Is there any thread in this forum that hasn't been derailed? :lol: