Quick Question about ResetInterior

AndalayBay

Doesn't resetinterior reset traps as well? I'm trying to use resetinterior to reset all the traps in a dungeon, but when I go in, so of them are still triggered. I'm using TCL so that I don't set any of them off. It might be a problem with one of our traps going off by itself and not a problem with resetinterior, but I wanted to verify that resetinterior would reset traps too. The trap in question is a falling logs trap that's on uneven ground and has been put at a rather severe angle, so perhaps it is going off by itself...Thanks.

Yes, it will reset traps. It may require an OnReset block in the attached script to get it back into a proper state. Many of the vanilla ones do. Log traps though, I think those should reset on their own since they're just havok items.

Have you ever known of traps going off by themselves? The falling log trap was at a severe angle originally. I have levelled it out a bit, but if I call resetinterior from the console and then enter the dungeon, the log trap has still been activated. And this trap sets off other traps... But I'm using TCL so my PC is not setting off the traps. :crazy:

Logs are havok items and the game is not very good at keeping those in place. I've seen numerous log traps sprung long before I got to them but always assumed it had been stupid NPCs whp did it.

Yeah, path grids are there but there are no NPC's in this cell. I just did the path grids in case the player has companions. So I guess it's as Arthmoor says - just havok playing havoc. :grinning:Alright, I might have to rethink things a little.Thanks for the input guys. :smile:And Arthmoor, I've got a question in the DC forums about keeping critters at bay if you wouldn't mind taking a peek. fg still drops in from time to time too, so I was hoping he would pitch in with his opinion too.

ROFL (you need an ROFL icon here). Here you go. There's a View New Content button in the upper right that's handy for finding all the new posts since your last visit - which I never use, of course, and have to go through all the forums manually. But it might be handy. :grinning:Thanks for having a look.

I used the new content link, but that thread wasn't listed. So I had no idea what you were trying to get me to see :P

Heh. Guess that wasn't a bug fixed in 3.2.2... :lol: Or I posted that just as you were leaving the last time you visited. Anyway thanks again for the input. This is going to be way too much fun :tongue:

Just thought I'd pass along an update. Figured out what was setting the trap off. There are a bunch of them chained together and the trigger that started the whole bunch off was a trip wire that passed through a set of trap spikes. The trap spikes where severing the trip wire! When I shifted the trip wire and trap spikes so that the trip wire wasn't passing through the spikes anymore, everything was fine. My logs are staying in place now.