Custom Levelled Lists and NPC Inventory

AndalayBay

I have a little mod I've been playing with for a while called Battle of Bruma. One of my DBC team members expressed an interest in it so I thought I would fix it up a little bit. I have created custom levelled lists that will provide the soldiers with levelled armour and weapons. Unfortunately I'm finding that for the soldiers that have been spawned already, they don't have the new gear. All their old gear has been removed just fine, but they don't have any of the new gear, which would come from my levelled lists. What do I need to do to get the soldiers that have been spawned already to update and access the new lists? I suspect that I need to check for their existance in a script and go through and add the levelled lists to their inventory, but I'm not quite sure how to check for their existance. I've done some testing and for the other NPC's, like Baurus and Jauffre, their new gear shows up when I add the levelled lists via script, so I think my lists are ok.Thanks...

Feldscar's naked Nord day must be catching on :PUnless I'm missing something, it should be as easy as waiting out the respawn period to get the soldiers to switch gear. Unless those soldiers are not marked to respawn, in which case the only thing left is adding the item to their inventory and hoping for the best.Perhaps forcing an evp command on them sometime after the items are added will do the trick?

:lol: While it was tempting, I didn't remove their clothes from their inventories. They all seem to be set to remove their armour when they sleep and Beth gave them jammies.The soldiers are not set to respawn. I could try evp, but this isn't really a package issue.I'm starting to think that the best way to handle this might be to leave their inventories alone and do the equipment switchover via script just before the battle begins. That's what I'm doing for Martin, Baurus, Jauffre and the other NPC's that exist for the whole game and that seems to be working. I would still need to check if these guys were spawned or not. That would be GetDisabled, wouldn't it? I'll have to check how these guys are instantiated.What is it with naked Nords? We've got a Nord murderer in DBC and when I was fixing up all the NPC's, Amadaun told me not to give him any clothes so he sleeps in the nude! Apparently there's a bit of a back story with him and he's supposed to be just a little strange...

The reason I suggested EVP is that their battle packages won't have the weapon/armor boxes checked to remove them, so it just might get the game to realize you want them equipped because the package will evaluate and it will then put their armor on.If that doesn't work though, then yes, the Jauffre and Baurus method would be the only other way. Checking GetDisabled would do the trick. It should come up 0 if they're enabled.Naked Nords are a Morrowind thing. This encounter is what I used as backstory for the Nords in Feldscar going naked on the 15th of each month. Though I wasn't aware at the time that there were two other naked nords.There's also an Oblivion quest mod that is drawn from the same series of encounters, aptly named Naked Nord.

Oh I see. Well this is well before the battle. I haven't even finished the Allies for Bruma yet, so I'm still collecting the troops. I decided to go with doing it via script because I'm pretty sure that will work, so I thought I would be a lot less messing around if I do decide to release this.Oh right! I remember that quest now. That was funny. I think I had a body mod loaded too, so he was really naked!

Ok, I've got a new idea. How about a bunch of naked people charging the Oblivion gates with a nice enchanted weapon? Perhaps the Daedra will keel over laughing so hard they'll forget to fight - what do you think?Ummm, yeah. The weapon levelled lists are working just fine, but no armour is being equipped. If I check the NPC's with Form ID finder or Refskope, they don't have any armour in their inventories. They do have the new weapons I've given them. Any ideas?

Hmmm, do spoiler and code blocks work here? Maybe I'll pm you the script.I don't think it's the script though - I think it's the levelled lists. I set up both sets of lists the same way, but the weapons are working and the armour isn't.

Codebox would have done what you wanted, it's more or less the equivalent of spoiler+code. Spoiler doesn't work the same way in this software though, so you'd end up with a block of text the same color as the background rather than a click box.Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with your script. So I'd agree the fault must lie with the way the lists are set up.

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure when I was presented with a large grey post.Well here is one of the levelled lists. I've tried playing with the settings, but nothing is working. I'm starting to think my only option is to replicate the function of the LL in code - which would be pretty ugly.From what I understand of the settings, I don't want "Calculate from all levels" because I want the NPC's to have the best gear for their and the PC's level. I also don't need "Calculate for each item in count" since all the counts are one and this isn't an embedded list. The weapons are set up the same way and are working fine. Also, if I use Preview Calculated Result, that works fine.I don't know. Maybe the engine is hard-coded to have naked NPC's :lol:

Turns out this is working fine... My mistake is that I was starting the quest, which does the armour and weapon switch, while I was in Bruma - in the same cell as the soldiers. For some reason when I did that, their weapons would change but their armour wouldn't! Very weird. Anyway if I started the quest from outside Bruma and then travelled there, they would be properly equipped.

You should still offer that option. For Skyrim's sake.Any battle is better when done viking-style. :tongue:

Actually there's still a very good chance Burd will be running around in his birthday suit since he'll be in the castle with the player when the quest kicks in. I have it set to do the switch at stage 20, which happens when you talk to the Countess about Martin's plan.Being a woman, I won't mind running after Burd to the battlefield in his birthday suit :P