Damn Door! It's supposed to require a key...

AndalayBay

I have a load door that I've have set to requiring a key. Now the key does exist, but my character doesn't have a copy. But the door is unlocked for him! Yes, it's a clean save :biggrin:The ownership faction is set to Dark Brotherhood, rank 0. My character is now the Listener, but I need this door locked until I unlock it via script or give the player the key.Any ideas?

I assume it'll always be open to him because he's above Rank 0.Maybe add a script with the condition for only Rank 0?

Yep, you're in the faction. The lock no longer has any meaning to you. I had similar hair pulling frustrations in Bravil for ABR before finally realizing I'd never get it to show locked. So I just disabled it until the time was right to have it enabled.

Yeah... I was afraid you guys were going to say that... *sigh*It might be easier for me to remove it from the faction. Then flip the ownership to the faction at the appropriate time. It's an exterior door, so I can't disable it.Thanks guys :grinning:

Heh, you know, I probably could have done that too, although I think I may have tried it. My problem was double frustrating because the door was in the tavern and the shopkeeper's AI packs would unlock it for real whenever he was on duty.

Funny how they're compelled to unlock ALL doors, isn't it? I don't have to worry about that, in this case. In the other cases where that could be an issue, I just disabled the hatches. Keeps the player from stumbling across them before they should too :grinning: