Accessing Vendor Container in Separate Cell

AndalayBay

Is there anyway to have my vendor be able to access their container from a separate cell? I suspect the answer is going to be that I would have to transfer all the items in their container to their inventory as the barter menu opens, but I thought I'd ask if there are any alternatives first. I have confirmed that despite the containers being persistent references with reference ID's, vendors can't access the contents unless they are in the same cell as the container. Which means that M'raaj-Dar can only sell you the not-so-nifty amulets and armour he has when you enter the sanctuary for the first time because he's always in the training room or sleeping quarters after that...

Really? I'm almost positive I've seen M'raaj-Dar's tems available to him even if he's not in the right room. I'm also pretty sure that the inventories for the Tamriel Travelers merchants work fine and their chests are not placed with them in the Tamriel worldspace.

For whatever this is worth to you, the vendor chest for Thalonias in AFK_Weye is sitting in the Wawnet Inn (his editor location), while he generally parks himself outside to sell to people. Is it possible you're missing one of the steps in merchant creation (chest ownership, merchant chest setup on the vendor, &c, &c)?I also tend to wonder if you're trying to sell things during a wander package, which will blow up in your face in an extremely frustrating manner. Maybe not.

Yes, but M'raaj-Dar and the TT merchants all wander vigorously and never seem to have problems selling.

Indeed, and so did Gul in Faregyl, if you'll recall. Such are the mysteries of the game I guess. There was no logical reason for it.

Hmmm. That's odd. I just confirmed with M'raaj that if he is in the sanctuary itself, he has the amulet, leather gauntlets and weapons for sale. If you go when he's in the training room, he doesn't have that stuff. Now I admit that I thought it was odd that he always has lockpicks for sale, even though he doesn't have any in his inventory.Dwip, what do you mean by "merchant chest setup on the vendor"?Thanks guys.

I'm talking about, if you double click the actual merchant reference (not the base actor), there's a tab for setting up a merchant chest. IIRC, that's what lets it be anywhere. You can obviously have other containers, weapons, armor, random forks, etc owned by the NPC and that'll work, but it's the merchant chest that's the critical element.

*sigh* That was it, Dwip, thank you. Not sure why I'm not seeing all of M'raaj's inventory, but I don't have the merchant container linked to my NPC, so hopefully that will sort it.

There are, to be sure, bigger pains to work with than merchants, but in my experience not many of them.The intersection of furniture and merchants, perhaps. Because there's nothing like having your merchant get stuck on a table or something and refuse to come out and play.

Well I was able to confirm that's what the issue was. She now sells everything no matter what cell she is in.With MD, he does have a lot of conditions on his various packages, so maybe there's something in there affecting things.Thanks Dwip - all sorted.