Wierd CS(E) Behaviour

Sigurð Stormhand

Hey, odd thing happening at the moment. It is taking ages to load cells with NPC's in, I can't ven load exterior cells with many in at all now. I'm running the CSE, and the console is showing that the CS is throwing up an error on anim files not found, then duplicating the "base anim group" for every NPC and basically just clogging itself up until it grinds to a halt. The wierd thing is this problem only started a couple of nights ago.

Just disabled the CSE, mod loaded right up in seconds. Something has happened to the CSE to make it choke and hang.

Have you tried CSE 5.1 yet? Those anim errors are the same ones the CS normally barfs up as dozens of spammy error messages. 5.0 didn't suppress them well, 5.1 hasn't had any trouble with the ones I know I can find. At least so far. If it's persistent then you may want to let ShadeMe know about it in case there's something he can fix for 6.0.

No, haven't updated yet, will do so. The wierd bit is this became a problem just a few days ago, I've been using CSE for months though.*Shrug* I recognise the error, especially odd in this case as I actually have all the .kf's extracted, so it shouldn't even have this problem.Bloody CS...

I get it all the time with Faregyl, and before 5.1 Faregyl was virtually guaranteed to lock up because of it. All the .kf files are already loose, there's some error in them that I was able to figure out, but have no idea how to fix since Nifskope wouldn't let me edit it. Apparently there's like 3 people who could fix it but they're all long since retired from Oblivion modding.