Construction Set Issues

Hana

So much work, so little time. And to top it off, I haven't been able to use my CS. Why you ask? Well that's why I'm here, to figure that out. Plus I'd rather look like an idiot here then over at the OF.The last time I was able to use the CS was about a month ago. Everything was fine. Pretty much since then when I try to launch the basic CS (proper version 1.2.404 in case you were wondering) it opens, I tell it to open any plug-in, or even just basic oblivion.esm, it'll load about 40% then crash.Here's the typical WER.

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH  Application Name:	TESConstructionSet.exe  Application Version:	1.2.0.404  Application Timestamp:	461430cf  Fault Module Name:	TESConstructionSet.exe  Fault Module Version:	1.2.0.404  Fault Module Timestamp:	461430cf  Exception Code:	c0000005  Exception Offset:	0049983a  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48  Locale ID:	1033  Additional Information 1:	0b2c  Additional Information 2:	0b2c411fde802aed3d54fc14ec173e0c  Additional Information 3:	7309  Additional Information 4:	73094f8ae6d0654a3d0357f3a82d3c17

Getting sick and tired of this, so tried to install the CSE today. When I launch the CS now I get an immediate error about d3dx9_41.dll being bad, or something. The obse_editor.log is saying most of my obse dll's are "incompatible", whatever that means.I've re-installed the CS several times to no avail. Somebody pleeeease help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3You're apparently missing a proper install of DirectX 9, which the CS and Oblivion both need in order to be happy. d3dx9_41.dll is the main component of that. It probably tried to tell you it was missing, and Bethesda's buggy shit doesn't handle the fake wrapper calls in Vista or 7 very well.Even if it's not missing, that should repair a damaged install.

Replaced the dx9_41.dll file, was able to get the CSE initialized without problem, however, when I again go to load oblivion.esm it crashes, pointing at ntdll.dll now as the faulting module. Plus, the log still says most of the obse dll's are incompatible. And man, that pause waiting for the console window to initialize is annoying.

Re-installing a different downloaded CS (wonders why the one on Nexus and the one on Beth are different) did not help. Same issues.Regenerating a new ini file does not help either.

The log will report most OBSE DLLs as incompatible. That's nothing to worry about.If you're using CSE, there's a known problem where having too many OBSE plugins can cause it to choke. Perhaps try pulling a few plugins out of the way will help?

Hmm, there's only 5 including the cse dll, pulled out 2 of them, still no dice. Pulled out one more, nope. :/Okay, this can't be good. The construction set extender.log;

[CSE]	Construction Set Extender Initializing ...[CSE]	INI Path: C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionDataOBSEPluginsConstruction Set Extender.ini[CSE]	CS patched ![SE]	Initialized ScriptEditorManager[SE]	Initialized IntelliSense[SE]		Successfully parsed 1872 commands![SE]	ScriptEditor Components Initialized[CSE]	Initializing CSInteropManager[CSE]		Pipe GUID = c270b84f-ae82-4279-9827-3bb6b4a8d032[CSE]		Couldn't load CS 1.0![CSE]			Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified.[CSE]	CSInterop Manager failed to initialize successfully! LIP service will be unavailable during this session[CSE]	Initializing RenderWindowTextPainter[CSE]	BSA Archive ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa loaded[SE]	Released all allocated editors[CSE]		Assertion handled at 0x00479E66[CS]	TESDataHandler trying to create TESForm for unknown type 'NONE'.[CS]	Unknown REF_ID in ConstructObject.[CS]	Chunk size 16408 too big in chunk DATA_ID in form REFR_ID.Max size is 24, data truncated to "¨ÄGÇV‹ÇÄ"ÄÄå?þŠ>º“!".[CS]	Chunk XSC abnormally terminated TESObjectREFR::Load.[CS]	Partial Form (0018938F) in file "Oblivion.esm" could not find base form.[CS]	Chunk NAM abnormally terminated TESObjectREFR::Load.[CSE]		Assertion handled at 0x00479E66[CS]	TESDataHandler trying to create TESForm for unknown type 'NONE'.[CS]	Unknown RFR_ID in ConstructObject.[CS]	Chunk size 16408 too big in chunk DATA_ID in form REFR_ID.Max size is 24, data truncated to "	ŠÃG-é‰Çö3Ä‚³>¼G€¾]Ã’".[CS]	Chunk NAM abnormally terminated TESObjectREFR::Load.[CS]	Chunk XSC abnormally terminated TESObjectREFR::Load.[CS]	Chunk DAT abnormally terminated TESObjectREFR::Load.[CS]	TESFile: Error inflating ZLib stream.

The fuck is this chunk shit? And yes, those unicode(?) symbols are exactly what's there. This is messed up.

You appear to have a corrupt ESP in your folder somewhere. Even if it's not currently active, the CS will read the file headers during startup. If it's having trouble reading one or more of those files, then things will start to go very very wrong.Now, the scary part here seems to be that it's actually complaining about Oblivion.esm itself. If so, you need to pull a clean copy from backups and try again.

Wow...things are really not going to well for you are they. :crazy:Lucky you've got Arthmoor to help you.

It's true, prettyfly, all the weird things happen to me. :lol: I do count myself lucky to have Arthmoor around, although I'm sure he rolls his eyes everytime I post, lol.Seems you were right again, Arthmoor. Copying a clean .esm over allowed the CSE to load properly. I nearly jumped for joy. I wouldn't have thought of that since my game played perfectly fine. However, did run into one snag. As I was loading different areas, testing it out, it would crash again whenever I tried to open anything in BravilWorld. Re-copying the meshes and textures bsa's fixed that. One question - why did the file icons for .esp's disappear and turn generic again? :(On a related note: I can happily return to my island worldspace. I actually discovered an important tip; drop a rock down to focus the render window on to pan around easier.

Good to see it getting sorted out. I'm guessing this is all aftermath of your drive corruption issues?The icon vanishes because OBSE confuses Windows when it loads the CS. For even more confusing fun, you should see what happens when the GECK fires up and turns all the plugin icons into little GECK symbols.Yes, selecting an item as a rotation anchor is a huge help. One other thing it also allows is much faster zooming in and out with the scroll wheel.