Frostcrag Reborn + Open Cities Support

Kayle

So I got to looking at the various Magey mods, and Frostcrag Reborn caught my eye. So I installed it to give it a try. And wow. I love it. There's just one problem, he changed the teleporters to put you outside the Mage's Guilds in the cities themselves instead of inside them. Which, I actually find I like better, I never really used the pads to go to the guild itself on my Xbox saves, I was using it to get to the cities themselves, because there was no time delay for the travel since it was magic. >.>I tried to go in and you know, fix them, but I don't really get the whole door bits yet. Can someone walk me through fixing the pads to point to the OCR locations? or maybe do a quick patch for it or something? I dunno. I'd prefer the explanation on how to change them myself, because then I learn something, but I'll settle for a patch. :P

Uhm, r u playing on PC or XBox? if the later, u can put the PC version on your laptop, put the folder on "shared" and play on ur xbox. U don't get any achievments for it tho.

It would definitely require a patch to move the portals and their markers to the new OCR locations. Arthmoor's probably your best bet to describe this (surprised there isn't a patch already).Also, have you tried Dwip's AFK_Frostcrag? :)

Yeah, tried AFK_Frostcrag, and it was really nice. I liked it, but I wanted to see what else was out there, and Frostcrag Reborn is beautiful. I haven't tried to delve into the ayleid ruins under the tower itself yet, but the tower itself is stunningly well done. I think it's worth installing and completing the first set of conditions to restore the Spire just to marvel at it. Or I can maybe post some screenshots if you guys want to see it without installing it.After the wife gets home later, I'm going to give fixing the portals another go, but I really just didn't get how the door stuff worked, but maybe if I poke around the CS wiki I can decipher it enough to give things another go.

Basic door creation;1. Drop a door (or in this case portal) into the render window.2. Double click on it once it's in position to open its reference window.3. Select the Teleport tab.4. In the "Cell" drop down box, choose the destination cell. (It will typically list all the doors in your esp)5. In the "Reference" drop down box, choose the specific door you want to link to. (Again it should be listed)6. Click ok, and you'll see the door marker - a strange looking yellow box with a pointy nose.7. It'll probably be half-way in the door so pull it out, and position it on the ground in front of the door (not too far away, it'll look strange). The 'nose' should point in the direction you want the player to be facing when they go through the door (so basically face it away from the door).8. Double click the yellow box marker and a message will appear saying “View Door reference for this Door Marker?†Say Yes. This will take you to the other door, with another yellow box stuck inside it. Now pull that door marker out and position it properly.9. And done.As I said, the doors (portals) need to be in the same ESP. You can't cross reference ESP's. So you'll have to make a patch first before moving the doors.Have fun. :)And we're always up for screenshots! :D

Well, after being beaten down by a case of strep throat and a sinus infection, I'm finally on the mend again, so I'll hopefully get some screenshots done this weekend, and maybe even get those portals fixed.

You'll probably find my patch tutorial useful, even though I haven't written part 2 yet which covers persistent items, like doors. Although you're more or less looking at a complex patch by dealing with doors to multiple cities.

Welcome back, Kayle, sorry to hear you were :sick:, good luck with the portals and screen shots. :)But Samson, just think how easy it'd be if he were trying to do the same thing in Smaug though.. ;)

After reading over that guide, it doesn't look like fixing the portals is going to be something I can do. Which is unfortunate, I really like Frostcrag Reborn.

I imagine that it is something you're fully capable of, Kayle. I suspect it's far more a matter of whether or not it's worth the effort to you.

Alas, lack of time I can relate all too well to. Frankly, Samson and I were starting to wonder where you were finding time between the new job, new marriage, and new child for all the other stuff you seem to still be keeping up with, like your mud and your wife's and the various forums and.. ;)

My new job is Stay at Home dad. :P Kat makes more per hour then I do, and we save on babysitting fees this way. Plus, I get to watch my daughter grow up.

That's the best new job you could get, at least from my experience. ;)In today's economy it's a difficult balancing act to determine whether two incomes are required or if daycare costs exceed the income from a second job. Dragona and I have that sort of situation too. For awhile there she had found a job that didn't pay great but it covered the bills, as long as I didn't also find a job so I could stay home to watch/teach the kids, so I did. I can't say I loved every aspect of it, but overall, I like being free to spend time with my kids more than I like being the breadwinner. :grinning:

Yeah, I wouldn't trade watching Claire learn to blow bubbles, or work her bouncy seat, or throw the pacifier across the freakin' room, for a job any day. the things I've learned to do since August are scary, and I'm almost to the point where I'm going to get a helluva workout everyday, because Claire's maybe a week or two from figuring out how to crawl, and then... Then the fun really begins.

:evil snickering: Yup, you got that right. Once they start to crawl the fun really begins and just gets better all the time til well after their 18th birthday. ;)