Horse Sounds

Kayle

So I've been working on adding in some extra Horse Armor options, and at first I was trying to add them to the actual DLCHorseArmor pack, but after trying and failing to modify the scripts and conversation for Snak Gro-whatever at the Chesnut Handy Stables, I decided to take a shortcut and just drop the horses in the armor in the stables at Battlehorn Castle. The problem however is that even though DLCHorseArmor.esp is set as a Master of my ExtraHorseArmor.esp, whenever it loads the ExtraHorseArmor.esp which loads after DLCHorseArmor.esp it's stripping out the armored horse hoof sounds as if they're not being loaded, (Or maybe stripping them out when it gets saved), and I'm out of Ideas, any of you guys have any insight?

Hi Kayle!Did you add the sound files to the sounds tab when you created the horses?horse.jpgIt's not an obvious tab, use the right arrow button to find it at the end.

Yeah, I had them added, saved the mod, loaded the game, and only the rear hoofs make any noise. When I open it back up and look the Left and Right Foot boxes are marked NONE.

Thanks Conner, I've been playing Oblivion for a while on the 360, but I just recently moved to play it on the computer and decided to play with the CS a bit. :P

Ah, well, that's what this whole band here is mostly about. I don't play with the CS myself, but I'm happy to throw ideas out there where I can for anyone who wants 'em. ;)

Did you ESM-ify the DLCHorseArmor.esp first before you built dependancies on it?That's the only thing I can think of for the sounds, which come from the DLCHorseArmor, to not be saving in your esp.

That's going to be pretty troublesome for you if you ever want to publicly release, for the record. Might have other compatability issues too, hard to say.

They're nothing special, I just used some armors that I saw on TES NExus and made new Horse models wearing them instead of replacing the existing armors with the new ones, But I can provide pictures if you want.I hadn't really planned to release it publicly because aside from making the new horse models wearing the armor, I really didn't do much. I'll get some screenshots of the horses in a little bit after I feed the baby and get her ready for bed.

Well, the wife took over Baby duty for the night, so I had time to get the screens earlier. So, here you go.Shivering Isles Amber Horse ArmorSIAmberHorseArmor.jpgDaedric Horse ArmorDaedricHorseArmor.jpgWarhammer Chaos Horse Armor (Elven Armor variant) (I actually just noticed that the bridle is missing on this one, guess I need to fix that. :P)ChaosElvenHorseArmor.jpgWarhammer Chaos Horse Armor (Steel Armor variant)ChaosSteelHorseArmor.jpgImperial Dragon Horse ArmorImperialDragonHorseArmor.jpgImperial Legion Horse Armor - Not obtainable, Legion Troopers only. :PLegionHorseArmor.jpgLegionHorseAndRider.jpg

Kayle, these are AWESOME!If you ever get around to fixing it properly I would love to have it. So much better than my Shadowmere walking around in golden jammies. :)

I can't really take credit for any of these, I just put them on horses, people on TES Nexus are the ones that deserve the credit. Hell, I barely managed to get them onto the Map in Battlehorn Castle...

The skins for the horses:Warhammer Chaos Armor TexturesLegion Horse Armor Mod Note: I only used the texture files out of this one, didn't use the mod itself.Amber Horse Armor TextureDaedric Horse Armor TextureEbony Horse Armor TextureImperial Dragon Horse Armor TextureMod to add Legion Armor to Horses:Legion Horses Armored ModNow, to make them work as NEW Horses instead of replacing the existing textures, you have to use OBMM to extract the .nif files for the armor and bridles. Then you need to use NifSkope to change the path of the .dds files in each one for each of the armors you want to use. I'd provide the ones I've already modified, but I'm pretty sure that violates the EULA for the Horse Armor DLC. Once you have the extracted and updated .nif files, you have to put them in the Meshes/Creatures/Horses folder, and then the textures go into the appropriate place in the Textures folder. Then in the CS, you just load up the DLCHorseArmor.esp so that you have the templates for the other Armored horses, then switch their models to use the new .nifs that you made. Don't forget to rename the .nifs and .dds files so that they don't overwrite each other, or the steel or elven armors.There are several other Horse Armor textures available on TES Nexus, but these are the only ones I liked. The process should apply to any of them that are just textures.If you're not sure how to do the .nif stuff, there's semi-informative instructions in the Readme for the Legion Horses Armored Mod, and I can try and answer any questions, since this seems to be the one part of modding I've managed to get a grasp on so far. :P

I agree with Hana & Samson, those look great, Kayle - well done. :)As for borrowing textures from existing mods and such... if any of y'all manage to throw all these together into a single mod file like Kayle appears to have and wouldn't mind too terribly emailing me a copy of the esp for it, I think everyone here knows my email address by now but if not, that's easy enough to fix. ;)

Ah, I suppose I could have just gone and searched myself. I wasn't aware you just took existing mods and put them together. Thanks :)

Nope, I'd gotten that already and would still prefer to have it as an all-in-one rather than adding a slew of mods and modding a couple of them myself, particularly if someone else is going to be doing it anyway. ;)

Well, I've finally gotten this worked out, sorted out and separated from other mods. It requires HorseArmor.esp, and while it doesn't require Battlehorn Castle, that's where the horses I added the Armor too are located. I never did get it factored into the Armor ladies scripts or conversation, so you'll have to deal with free horses. They look exactly like the ones pictured, although my mod doesn't include the Armored Legion Horses, I would be willing to include the Armor textures I use for them since I cleaned them up a bit and added the Imperial Dragon to the armor they wear. And while if I were to release this publicly, I wouldn't be able to provide the .nif files for the Armor, I can provide the complete thing .nifs included by email for those that want it. Just send me a PM and I'll get it packaged up and emailed to you. It'd be nice to have proof that you have the Horse Armor mod before sending it as well, but since it needs HorseArmor.esp to load and work, well, I'll let proof slide. :PI named the horses as well, and made them as identical to Shadowmere, sans the AI/Script that moves Shadowmere back to Fort Faragut. If you don't like the names, it's easy enough to load the mod in the CS and rename them. Can even change the Horse color while you're in there if you want. The Legion Horses Armored Mod will allow you to add the provided Legion Horse Armor to your Legion Horses as well. Just you know, follow the instructions for that one. The meshes and textures will already be in place with my mod.

Sounds pretty nifty to me, even if it means free horses. ;)Overall, gratz! :)(Are you going to upload a copy here for us or just email a copy to those who'd expressed interest or..?)

Probably just email copies to those interested. Uploading it would require sending a bunch of emails to the authors of all the textures asking permission, writing up a readme, and all kinds of effort I don't have time for with the baby. Far easier to swap personal mods between friends. :P