GIMP color-to-alpha help

Arthmoor

Ok, so I have need to turn a color on a texture into transparent alpha. The image is loaded in GIMP, but when I go to use the color-to-alpha and specify the color I want turned transparent, the preview window is still trying to fade other colors in the image as well. Is there a way to get to convert ONLY the specified color and nothing else?

Depends on what you want to do, but what you want can probably be achieved by:1. Go to Layer/Transparency/Add Alpha Channel.2. Use the Select By Color Tool (the hand pointing at an RGB bar in the top right) to select your color. Depending on how strict you want your selection, play with the Threshold value. Alternately, magic wand select or lasso select. Whatever.3. Hit delete.Alternately, if you want it partially transparent, add the alpha channel, then use the eraser tool at some non-100 level of opacity.

Genius, that worked. Thanks. If only this stuff was a bit more obvious in GIMP.

Cool, even for my limited uses of GIMP that's nice to know how to do. But, yes, documentation and intuitiveness have always been GIMP's weakest features in my mind.