Farmhouse Roof Seams

Dwip

So, attached pic. Farmhouse roof, nasty texture seam. A bug I have, or does everyone in the world labor with this problem?Presumably if it's a bug, it comes from something in my stew of QTP3 redim, AWLS, UOP, and the UOP/QTP3 patch, but who knows what. Anybody?

I'm going to say the fault lies with hiring the drunken thatcher.. he was clearly determined to give the place an extra corner. ;)

To be clear, I should note that I'm talking about that black line there, as opposed to the poorly aligned corner seam.

Actually, it's not a bug. If you look at it in Nifskope, that stupid roof is made up of 2 different textures in as many sections, so it looks ridiculous. I know this because I was wanting to retex it at one point, but the bottom edge layer has an alpha channel and I hate playing with those.This, plus the usual horrible UV mapping.Oh, the black edge.... yes, totally ugly texture.

Well, that comes from hiring a drunken unemployed cooper to serve as a thatcher. Every cooper knows how to properly hold a barrel's slats together.. and this way your thatching won't blow off as easily in higher winds... :P

Well, since the UOP does not touch the vanilla versions of the meshes, I am left to assume whoever did the QTP3 versions fixed something because I don't see the same ugly seam in the CS or in-game on Farmhouse01. They all have black lines around them at regular intervals, but I think those are supposed to be "shadows" from "layers" of thatching material. It doesn't quite work out as well as it could. I blame 2006.Farmhouse02 has a shitty UV map though, it's "shadow" lines are all twisted up.

Well, yes, if you want an out of character response, Samson's sounds pretty reasonably likely, but I think my response was much better especially from an in-character immersion stand point. :P