HDR and Interiors

Hana

Looking for some advice, and maybe this will help others as well.Now that I'm an HDR convert over Bloom, and now that the scorching Ayleid Ruins and various walls and sidewalks have been controlled with ClearHDR (which you really should release, Samson), it's time to turn my attention to the oddities of lighting indoors.I present, case evidence #1 - The Nord Winds, during daylight morning hours.Also, case evidence #2 - The Lonely Suitor Lodge, during daylight morning hours.Some are blinding, some aren't so much but still glow bright. And yet, it's not everywhere. Most indoor locations are normal.So I was wondering, I know there's .ini settings for HDRinterior, but I don't know how to adjust them properly. Any suggestions?

If you're using All Natural, then all of your windowed interiors will be governed by weather settings.ClearHDR is going to be getting folded into the AN master file, and wrinklyninja is going to extend that to interior weathers too.For non-windowed interiors, there's this section of the ini:

[BlurShaderHDRInterior]fTargetLUM=1.0000fUpperLUMClamp=1.0000fEmissiveHDRMult=1.0000fEyeAdaptSpeed=0.5000fBrightScale=1.7500fBrightClamp=0.2250fBlurRadius=6.0000iNumBlurpasses=1

The two biggest helps are fBrightScale and fBrightClamp. As expected, lower fBrightScale values help. However the fBrightClamp is backward, that one needs to go higher.ClearHDR brings down these two values:fBrightScale = 0.700000fBrightClamp = 0.500000There's some fuzz built in to what I did, but those are close enough to what I've done.

CleadHDR is a hack patch I made for AN to test the HDR brightness to see if it would work to tone it down. It did. And we're including it in the next AN update.

Two Worlds 2 isn't out yet' date=' don't panic Two Worlds 2 isn't out yet, don't panic :smile:[/quote']
Civ 5 sure is' date=' though. FTW.[/quote']Wow, the forums and blogs had been so quiet recently I thought for sure both of those new games had already released.

Maybe Samson can salvage what was a serious support question, and cut out all the WoT convo into some General thread, please?

Hmm, you may have a point. I think you're right that Rand's got The Dragon and Matt's basically got Hawkwing. Maybe I should've gone back and reread the series but it usually all comes back to me within a few pages of the new book. :shrug:Thanks, it is really exciting. I've been "out of work" for much longer now than ever before in my life and even my wife's new job is only very slowly getting us caught up on most of the bills and such but not touching the really major big ones.@Hana: I'm really sorry. I don't think any of us realized that you were seriously upset about our stealing/derailing your thread, but now that we know, I'm sure that it's fairly easy for Samson to relocate the posts that were off-topic to a new thread of their own in the general forums for you. Forgive us after he does that?[Edit] @Samson: This post should probably have been amongst the ones moved too. :redface:

Maybe Samson can salvage what was a serious support question' date=' and cut out all the WoT convo into some General thread, please?[/quote']I can certainly try. I didn't even realize you still had anything left to fix.

Not seriously upset, Conner, I forgive you. I may or may not have more to fix, I didn't even have a chance to try what you suggested. It was just for organization sake, otherwise we might as well still be on a blog :PThank you, sir!