C&C Blackwood Company

Arthmoor

Well that was fun. Awhile back I removed C&C Blackwood Company from the game due to problems with bugs. The documentation said to uninstall it, just remove the files and you're done.Oh... if it were only so simple. Imagine my surprise while advancing the Fighters Guild quests. All of the doors inside the BWC first floor are gone. Just vanished into the ether. When I checked my load order, nothing even touched them except the UOP. Until I remembered I once had C&C BWC installed.Seems their initialization script disables the door to the basement the very first thing after you install the mod. Which is bad enough, except that all of the doors on the 1st floor were parented to the one they disabled. So ALL of them went poof, except for the door back to the city.Why did they do this? Absolutely no idea, because they turned right around and placed duplicate doors in exactly the same coordinates leading to exactly the same locations.So if you wander into the BWC hall one day to find your doors missing, use the console to do the following:prid 3db44enableprid 3db49enableprid 3db4aenableprid 32f6aenableThe doors will be restored and all is well again. You can even be in the room while you're doing that.

Followup, turns out every last door in the BWC hall was gone. More stuff:prid 332fdenableprid 3db55enableprid 3db5benableprid 3db43enable

Even better still. Upon fixing all the doors and going through to butcher all the BWC leaders, I realized I was killing them all twice. Yeah. C&C made copies of them and kept them trapped - somewhere - and they showed back up just when I didn't really need to see them :PAt least they didn't duplicate Maglir, the little fetcher.

Yeah, I just hope it hasn't done any lasting damage beyond the annoyance in BWC Hall.Also, I know we bag on FG a lot, but... somehow the quest line just didn't seem to suck this time through.