Bug Tracking Software

AndalayBay

• 5 months later...

Regular users are still able to reverse the status of closed bugs in Bugzilla. That's not something that should be allowed when some kid decides the bug he and he alone is seeing simply must be our problem to fix.

Bumping because people are still doing this and still insisting bugs we know are fixed aren't and they're reverting the status flags when they should not have the ability to do this once a bug is resolved. The tracker is going to descend into uselessness if this keeps up much longer.

That sounds like a bug with Bugzilla. Regular users can't edit bugs, so I don't understand why they can change the status. I'll try doing some searches and see what I can find.

Edit: I did a bit of searching, and once again, it appears that this is the way they intend for it to work. I'd have to see if we can customize it. Could you give me a specific example of a bug that someone did this to?

Edited by AndalayBay

Yeah... It's the stupid way Bugzilla works. It's meant for a QA setup where the testers will report the bugs, the devs will mark them as fixed, then QA goes back and retests. If they find it isn't fixed, they'll add a comment and that will allow them to change the status.

Thanks for the example. We might be able to customize it so that only members of certain groups can update the status.

I'd love to switch to something else, but it would be a huge task to move all the bugs over.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and I for one have no desire to see us have to go through another mass migration of bug data. I guess we'll just have to live with it for now.

• 1 month later...

Bugs in the USKP product can no longer be reopened by their submitter once declared RESOLVED; only users with editbugs permissions (either of the USKP access control groups, as well as admins) can change the status of a bug marked RESOLVED.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Thanks for that, but Bugzilla being what it is, there's been an unintended consequence.

Users are unable to make comments to open bugs. They encounter this:

"You are not permitted to edit bugs in product Unofficial Skyrim Patch (USKP)."