Series X mods where to start?

Rigpig

Hi,

New to modding and have had some success but really need to read a faq to get up to speed.

is there a specific forum or resource for this?

thanks 😊

You might find it helpful to read this from the Steam SSE forum - it has links to everything you need to get a modded game up and running:

Advice to New Players Regarding Modding the Game
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/3780246026239478835/

Link is in the For Those New to Modding the Game section of the following guide:

Helpful Links and References, Section 1 - General Information
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2882241414
from the PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links and References in the Steam SSE forum.

As regards possible issues due to the last update, see this:
The latest 1.6.1130 and 1.6.1170 update and guide - https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4031350196521219646/

Good luck!

Edited by smr1957

Since you're modding on console, not sure how helpful Steam links will be (no offense, smr!).

My best advise is to google "series x xbox skyrim modding" .. tons of results there for guides, youtube vids, etc to help.

Here's the first video that popped up.

1 hour ago, Hana said:

Since you're modding on console, not sure how helpful Steam links will be (no offense, smr!).

My best advise is to google "series x xbox skyrim modding" .. tons of results there for guides, youtube vids, etc to help.

Here's the first video that popped up.

Ah!  didn't even realize that this was for XBox, Hana!  Thanks!  though, as to modding, except for the use of SKSE and mods requiring SKSE, much of the info should still apply.  Certainly, the general principles and philosophy contained in the linked thread will apply, regardless of platform or even game.  But, as always, for specifics details and procedures, it is always best to follow information that is specifically tailored to the platform being used.

And, also as always, should you have any questions, Rigpig, feel free to ask here - you have some of the most knowledgeable people there are in the community available to answer any questions you may think of!  Good luck!

I know OP didn't come here to get sent away, and I am not trying to send them off.  That said, the very best place I know of for getting help with Xbox Modding is the discord Armored Reptile Modding.  Those folks are great at helping Xbox users get, order and use mods.  It is run by some of the best Xbox exclusive mod makers there are. 

Thanks guys for taking the time to answer, I’m working my way through the suggestions and learning all the time. Got som graphics mods installed that look great 👍