About This File
What does it do?
Recommended for older games (or programs) having limited in-game resolutions,
or those games or utilities best run in Batch on multi monitor configurations.
For those with rapidly devolving vowels, this program endeavours to bring
a special consonance between the Prg of execution and the operating host
channeled by an aura of immaculate Lnch!
Could there be some kind of karma permeating through the outer shell of Prg already?...
It's a kind of Program launcher that features:
- Selectable Resolution for Prg
- Batch Processing of Prgs
- Prg Info Stored in ini File
- Support for Prg on Multiple Displays
- Http Download to Update Prg
- Optional LAA Patch which can be Applied to Prg
- An Additional Serving of Delectable Oddities Available to Prg of Limited Perceivable Use
Accompanied by a bunch of explanatory ramblings wrapped up in a contextual help file.
Requirements: Windows- (mostly)
What to do?
Extract exe and run. Creates an ini file if one does not exist, else most extant ini files from 1.X are compatible.
Choose an empty slot to drag in or select desired program, and/or refer Help=->Getting Started.
What's Old and New in Version Releases? (current: 2.2 Beta)
- Fix Prg removal while active in both test and batch modes
- Fixed launch splash not showing when Status_doubleclick
- Fixed no updates on active on select a new preset
- Disabled Buttons during launch
- Improved Prg Cancel Routines
- Pictorial Aids added to Help: Getting Started
- Fixed Prgs not running in additional monitors
- Enhanced, repaired and refactored multi-monitor functionality
- Extra Ini file settings
- Repaired the timers & Prg cleanup routine
- Improved Res changes switching from PrgLnch to Prgs
- Help file enhancements
- Fixed clipped Properties Screen
- Fixed unused monitor slots 0
- Fixed All Compatible Res modes
- Click Monitor for Tooltip info
- Fixed Make Shortcut check for Prgs 10-12
- Fixed Wrong Working directory in Lnch
- Fixed Shortcuts once more
- Fix WorkingDir_BackTo:
- Kill Props on GoConfig
- Fixed CmdLine active on lnk
- Fixed Presets Deletion
- Fixed help context not firing in Opt
- Fixed wrong PrgChoice Prompt
- Fixed Preset Names
- Overhauled Update URL
- Extended Help topics
- Bug Fixes
- Del hotkey: Feature or ...?
- Versioning overhaul
- Corrected PrgCanBeShortct
- Fixed wrong Splash Image install
- Check URL types
- Removed bad variable assignments.
- Upgrade old ini files.
- Restart Admin on access error.
- Re-integration of Resolve Shortcuts.
- Handles Windows associations.
- Min-Normal-Max Window launched Prgs.
- Detect running Prgs on PrgLnch init.
- Introducing Lnch Pad Slots.
- GUI can be run from any monitor attached to desktop.
- Batch Presets with Active Prgs can be removed.
- Code & Help files through the rinser.
- Fixed selected Prgs in Batch Prg list.
- Fixed cursor location on Prg cancel.
- Fixed Properties & Splash postions on non-default monitor.
- Match Batched Prgs on init detect.
- Fixed certain Prgs not showing active on Preset select.
- "List all compatible" selections disabled.
- Fixed Lnch Pad Slots not loading.
- Fixed various restart issues.
- Revisited text input validation.
- Added support for UNC paths.
- Revamped Borderless.
- Support for drag in files to Options.
- Gui layout revision for main form.
- New LnchPad Setup for game mods.
- Initialisation of single DOSBox game.
- Fixed cursor repositioning post multi-monitor batch run.
- Test run Prg resolution fixed on startup.
- Unsupported resolutions in ini addressed.
- Fixed file clean up on exit.
- Fixed write to no-existent ini file.
- Screensaver as resolved "-config" verb.
- Fixed Ctrl-Alt-P repositioning.
- Close Props in Ctrl-Alt-P reposition.
- CTRL-Z retrieval in edit boxes.
- Fixed monitor PID of active association.
- Resize RH buttons.
- Refactored Prg decomp.
- Fixed LnchPad Slot list input issue.
- Fixed SysWow64 redirection.
- Fix Del key on IniSlots.
- Fixed issues with Working Directory.
- Fixed folder shortcuts in Properties.
- Fixed folder shortcuts in test run.
- Tooltip monitor info on Monitor Name click.
- Fixed Del shortcut, "Resolve shortcut" revert to Nav.
- Fixed Prg find file Error followed by version error.
- New icon for PrgLnch.
- Disable Change Res for Folder shortcuts & special lnks.
- Plus a cast of unmentionable thousands.
Notes for Bethesda Game Modders:
Most players of Bethesda games would be happy with the popular mod launchers for executables- PrgLnch offers more flexibility for the more advanced modder:
- Dedicated LnchPad Slots for each game
- Batch Presets for specific tasks
- Power Plans in Batch Runs
- Multi Monitor Support
- Much more
This is an early Beta, so please post anything that doesn't seem right to you!
- The mods have to be already installed on the rig before PrgLnch can use them.
- Extra LnchPad Slots can be setup to run for executable mods with command line options e.g. XEdit or Wrye Bash.
- As opposed to running game mods, it's not recommended to launch the games themselves or via script extender launchers in a Batch Preset along with other Prgs. A Batch Preset with just the game by itself, or its extender launcher is preferred, with astute regard to the launch settings in the PrgLnch Options.
- The 12 mods for each game were chosen mainly on popularity and usability. As the choice was subjective, suggestions to the inclusion of alternative LnchPad Slots are very welcome.
- The decision to choose either Vortex or MO2: Chose MO2 because it was subjectively assumed it was more likely to benefit from PrgLnch than Vortex. The original intention was to avoid inclusion of them altogether (something like: A launcher doth not pant for the binary form of another )