Jump to content

18 Screenshots

About This File

Misery and despair have haunted you all your life. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, you've been arrested and thrown in the dungeons. Your trial was supposed to be weeks ago, only nobody has come for you. It's been so long since seeing daylight you no longer know what month it is anymore. The dungeon is cold, damp, and worse still, you're running out of food. At least you have that leak in the wall for water. It seems as though you've been forgotten, soon to rot away and die. The eight have forsaken you! Or... have they?

Live Another Life provides an alternative means to start the game for those who do not wish to go through the lengthy intro sequence at Helgen. You will be given the opportunity to choose your race and then choose a new life for your character to lead. A wide variety of choices will be available. What you choose will have a lasting impact, so choose carefully or the gods may forsake you again!

Additional support has also been provided to allow you to extend Live Another Life with your own starts.


What's New in Version 4.1.6

Released

Synced with the latest USSEP fixes.


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

im having an unfortinate bug....where doesnt matter whats happening, everytime when i start the new life and use the bed, it fades in and fade out with me in the same place, i tried any type how to fix it and NOTHING, i have no clue what to do..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bleachcentral1 said:

is this for SE or LE? i have LE but dont know if you have an LE file version

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does this work in AE? I can't get it to boot. It keeps going to the cart. Also what does it use for character creation since RACEMENU is currently RIP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any time I choose a start other than the vanilla one, I either get an infinite load screen, a black screen with music playing, or it loads into the start, but freezes up shortly after doing so. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have you found a fix for it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always used this fantastic MOD. But this last time I went back to playing Skyrim, it's not working. If I start a new game, it locks the screen, the camera is locked on the torch on the wall, and doesn't turn to face the character. I didn't find help in "troubleshooting". What do I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question: Loved this mod. I still use Classic Skyrim. Is the version for that still available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ojacid said:

Quick question: Loved this mod. I still use Classic Skyrim. Is the version for that still available?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see a recent update, but is it supposed to work with Anniversary edition. Tried is on clean start, but get black screen when loading save. Don't get it from unofficial updates, dragonborn museum, or lucien which have been updated for anniversary edition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, leemorgan1787 said:

I see a recent update, but is it supposed to work with Anniversary edition. Tried is on clean start, but get black screen when loading save. Don't get it from unofficial updates, dragonborn museum, or lucien which have been updated for anniversary edition. 

I just tried Alternate Start v4.1.6 with Anniversary Edition and it worked just fine. New Skyrim AE installation clean and from scratch, I tested it using USSEP v4.2.6a and with the latest SKSE (the preliminary v2.1.2, runtime 1.6.318).

I had all CC mods enabled, and just USSEP and Alternate Start, so it's as clean as it gets after a fresh installation.

I was able to activate the Statue of Mara, I picked to spawn in the woods camping, and went to sleep. Everything worked as expected.

 

Btw Arthmoor, I haven't downloaded things from here in a long time (funny story: I tried to create an account, turns out I already had one, apparently I created my account back in 2016 and totally forgot). Is there a particular place in the mod stats and/or description where I can check the requirements for a mod? What I mean is: I check Alternate Start requirements on Nexus to figure out what exactly was needed for this particular mod, but it's been so long since I've downloaded mods from here (which I don't mind doing btw, everyone can choose where to publish and if people don't like it, tough for them) that I don't know where to look for some info (usual stuff like mod requirements for example, or permissions, stuff like that).

Will check the rest of your mods once I have a little bit more free time to start manually combing through my load order to see what got updated and what hasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didnt even update to the "ae" version and it worked absolutely fine.

the only requirement is USSEP.

it doesnt need SKSE. doesnt need race menu. doesnt need skyui. 

in fact, comparing LAL before AE and after AE in xEdit yields nothing significant with regards to functionality (as far as my lack of understanding of the mod goes).

if you cannot get it to work with the bare minimum, then you are doing something else wrong. check ini files (which are the same btw. i copied mine from pre ae and nothing bad happened).

(also i have no idea how to use this forum. this comment is directed at most comments declaring issues post AE)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Omniguous said:

(also i have no idea how to use this forum)

Yeah the forum is a bit confusing for me too xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am assuming that since Racemenu is not currently compatible with the Latest SkyrimAE update, that this mod is also in limbo if you use Racemenu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have race menu active in my LO.as well as this mod and the game runs absolutely fine. i can make a character. it just doesnt use the race menu menu..

maybe instead of assuming you can try loading it up?

whats the worst that could happen? its not even a character with any played time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, kevkas said:

I just tried Alternate Start v4.1.6 with Anniversary Edition and it worked just fine. New Skyrim AE installation clean and from scratch, I tested it using USSEP v4.2.6a and with the latest SKSE (the preliminary v2.1.2, runtime 1.6.318).

I had all CC mods enabled, and just USSEP and Alternate Start, so it's as clean as it gets after a fresh installation.

I was able to activate the Statue of Mara, I picked to spawn in the woods camping, and went to sleep. Everything worked as expected.

 

Btw Arthmoor, I haven't downloaded things from here in a long time (funny story: I tried to create an account, turns out I already had one, apparently I created my account back in 2016 and totally forgot). Is there a particular place in the mod stats and/or description where I can check the requirements for a mod? What I mean is: I check Alternate Start requirements on Nexus to figure out what exactly was needed for this particular mod, but it's been so long since I've downloaded mods from here (which I don't mind doing btw, everyone can choose where to publish and if people don't like it, tough for them) that I don't know where to look for some info (usual stuff like mod requirements for example, or permissions, stuff like that).

Will check the rest of your mods once I have a little bit more free time to start manually combing through my load order to see what got updated and what hasn't.

I think I've narrowed it down to the plugin between alternate start and legacy of the dragonborn. Each works along with a stable list of mods separately, but I crash on load when I try to use them together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it intended, when Savlian Shoal on Shoal's Rest Farm died, that you will not longer can collect the farm profits? Wouldn't it not an option to set Savlian Shoal essential?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...