Name: Fort Nocturna Suppressio
Version: 1.1 RC
Author: DSoS @TES Alliance and TES Nexus
DLC - Shivering Isles
Oblivion Script Extender
OBSE Version 0018
FNS was a key defensive outpost during the Ayleid vs Alessia war. After Alessia won and drove the Ayleids out of Cyrodill, the fort was abandoned to feel the wrath of weather and the spirits that lay within. There have been myths and legends rumored around Nirn and especially in Cryodiil about the fort. Some say that the men and women who served there died and still haunt the halls and the lands. Others say it was taken over by a Daedric entity.
Many people have made the month long journey to the large island, to seek its riches, none have returned. All have perished either on the sea or in the ruins. But these are only legends, myths and rumors.
What really lurks in the halls of this mysterious fort built hundreds of years ago?
***To get to the island, you will need to get your health to 20% or less then you'll be teleported. Remove any item that increases your health or health regen.***
***Its also came to my attention that some people are having issues finding their way. There is a key on a skeleton in a house around "Officers Retreat" the place has a burned down house, a tavern and 3 houses. Once you have that key, you will need to find your way to the opposite end of the island to the thick forest of redwoods. There is a Water Well there that is locked, use the key to unlock it and continue your journey.***
***The "Jump of Faith" does nothing special, just a fun jump with a long fall without getting killed. it was going to be part of the mod, but was removed due to time constraints. Sorry about that!***
***In "The Hills" there is a cave entrance with an animated door that opens, but does not teleport you to an interior cell. ------> I will get this fixed. it was going to be an exit for a cave system. There is a cave entrance at this Giant water fall, just North of the Miners Town.***
Floating trees in Forest of Dreams, will most likely not be fixed, as there are too many of them to go one-by-one. I've spent 6+ hours over a couple of weeks looking for them in the CS.
1. Create a clean save first. Unload DSoSFortNocturnaSuppressio from your load list, load up Oblivion and make a new save inside any interior thats not in this mod. Close and proceed to Step 2.
2. Remove ALL old files, should be the plugin and a BSA. They should be named "DSoSFortNocturnaSuppressio.bsa" and "DSoSFortNocturnaSuppressio.esp" Delete those!
3. Place the NEW versions files into the Data Folder. They are named "DSoSFortNocturnaSuppressio.bsa" and "DSoSFortNocturnaSuppressio.esp"
4. Load the new version into your load list with whatever program you use to do so. Then start playing.
1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data folder.
2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the Fort Nocturna Suppressio.esp file(s).
Installing the Mod
1. Extract the archive to any other folder.
2. Copy the extracted archive to [install Path]\Oblivion\OBMM\Mods\
3. Start Oblivion Mod Manager
4. Click the Create button
5. Click the Add Archive button, navigate to the archive and select it, then click the Yes button.
6. Click the Create OMOD button, wait until it finishes, then click the Ok button
Activating the Mod
1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager
2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen, once installed the mod icon will turn blue
1. Copy the entire archive into your Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder.
2. In Wrye Bash Installers tab, highlight the new archive.
3. Check any sub-folders, ESP/ESM's as required.
4. Right click the archive name and Install.
5. In Wrye Bash Mods tab, check the ESP/ESM's and rebuild Bashed patch. (Also recommeneded to run BOSS first).
1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the Fort Nocturna Suppressio.esp file(s).
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
No incompatibilities known.
if any is found please contact me so I can it fixed ASAP!
*Please note that even though Fort Nocturna Suppressio has been fully beta-tested that there may still be bugs in the mod. If you find any issue please, please let me know through PM (DSoS @ TESAlliance and @TESNexus (same username).
*I'm 10,000% sure that you WILL find floating trees, especially in the "Forest of Dreams" I've done my best to fix the ones that I've seen while playing/testing but remember there are atleast 1000+ trees in those few cells.
*If your computer is lagging more than normal in any interior, I would suggest NOT activating ANY of the TOMBS inside the "Crypts" at the Miner's settlement (I have a beastly computer, and activating a tomb once knocks my FPS down by 50%, activating it again multiple times i've got it down to 1 (one) FPS). Activating ANY tombs (with the exception of the one inside the locked door!) will enable a horde of Zombie's and skeletons (vanilla game). Activating them a second time will cause 3 more zombies to be placed at you. This area WILL eat up your FPS if the Tombs are activated.
*There are a few items/npc's/etc that are NOT in the mod yet, they will be added in at a later date. (One NPC might not make it in, depends on if I can get the Race mod imported correctly with my mod!)