So...this has probably been mentioned...but, I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong. (I do that a lot.)

d819

I am trying to download some of Arthoor's mods.  I understand the Nexus thing and am not against downloading mods from other sources.

So, Arthmoor is a prolific modder with lots of content available.  I would like to add said content to my game and, as far as I am aware, this is the place to do so.

Here's where the problems come in...I mean, maybe I'm being pedantic, but...I cannot filter the files Arthmoor has uploaded in any meaningful way.  I am looking for Skyrim SE files but am flooded with options for other games and have no way to tell the website what I am looking for.  Specifically, I am confused as to whether a AIO exists for Athmoor's town mods for Skyrim SE/AE.  That's what I am looking for.  One exist for Skyrim LE, which I incorrectly downloaded.  So why would a version not exist for AE? I don't know...I'm sure Arthmoor is done with those mods and moved on to something else.  None of Arthmoor's deleted mods on Nexus point to this website or any specific files anywhere and, so far as I see, none of the mod pages here link to options available on this site.  The whole experience is terribly confusing for someone just trying to quickly mod their game.

If an AIO does not exist, fine.  Finding those individual downloads is another story...

I am ready to give up, as middling as that may sound to some.  I just want to download the mods for the game I am using and move on.  Am I wrong?  Am I doing something wrong, egregious even?  As a mod user, what I should think or do?  Am I misunderstanding (the philosophy of modding)?  I don't know, honestly...I just want the mods clearly presented to me for download :)

Hopefully Arthmoor will chime in here, but no, there is currently no AIO for SE for all his village mods. When last asked about it his reply was he's not finished creating new ones.

Ok, thanks :)  Digging through his mods is something I'll just have to live with I guess.  The thing that got me is there is no way to differentiate between LE/SE from the mod author's downloads page (and it's not in his descriptions or titles) so I have to click the mod and, I now know, look at the breadcrumb bar up top to see which game the mod is for.  There are no links in his descriptions to go to other versions directly, so I have to find it in the long, long list of all the mods he has ever made for every game.  Maybe there's an easier way, but Author -> Game seems the most logical to me. Sorting by name helps sort of, but not if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

More likely I'm overthinking the whole thing and should just go with the flow :)

An AIO is on the agenda I just don't know specifically when and there are other things taking priority at the moment.

It might help the understanding of why there is no better interface for locating mods on AFKMods if you consider that AFKMods was never really meant to be a primary hosting site.  Until recently, AFKMods was mostly used as a mirror site for mods which were on NexusMods.  Only in the last couple years have some of us begun using AFKMods as our primary hosting site.  Consequently, there was never a need for a robust search facility or other ways to find mods until the influx of those of us who left NexusMods and took our mods with us.   

It also has nothing to do with what we do or don't develop as IPS is a commercially available forum package with several modules that go with it, like the gallery and downloads area. We haven't made any kind of customization to the basic code, nor would we, because that would then complicate updates when the package needs them and would lead to the same fate Nexus now finds themselves in after 2 decades of neglect and carelessness.

So if the search features feel inadequate and the file system doesn't seem all that great, I'd suggest taking the criticisms over to IPS and letting them know their package doesn't make the cut. Cause it's not something we can address.

Also not really true that this package isn't meant to be a primary host for things, because Lover's Lab uses the exact same package and is subject to all of the same issues yet somehow everyone thinks they're great.

I guess, but it's also something that shouldn't be a thing to dis a site for since there's actually a number of modding sites out there using the IPS package and nobody complains about them.