Two potential candidates

Scythe Bearer

A couple anomalies that the UFO4P project might investigate.

The first is easy (I think).  This is from the Nula Cola Bottling Plant (Nuka World DLC), top of the building on the East side overlooking the Red Rocket.  The Nuka Cola beverages which should be in the machine are floating is space to the left (player's left) of the door. 
image.thumb.png.e97a0dddc41886fc119172322880dc06.png

The other is a little more esoteric.  It is occurring in front of Parson's Asylum, and I can not describe it, so I have captured it in a video:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pfd9vtiyj9zyb55994723/Fallout4-2023-08-02-07-20-51.mp4?rlkey=tt1242jyh6psxe6805n9r3k1g&dl=0

Thanks for all your great works. 

19 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

A couple anomalies that the UFO4P project might investigate.

The first is easy (I think).  This is from the Nula Cola Bottling Plant (Nuka World DLC), top of the building on the East side overlooking the Red Rocket.  The Nuka Cola beverages which should be in the machine are floating is space to the left (player's left) of the door. 
image.thumb.png.e97a0dddc41886fc119172322880dc06.png

The other is a little more esoteric.  It is occurring in front of Parson's Asylum, and I can not describe it, so I have captured it in a video:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pfd9vtiyj9zyb55994723/Fallout4-2023-08-02-07-20-51.mp4?rlkey=tt1242jyh6psxe6805n9r3k1g&dl=0

Thanks for all your great works. 

I was just in the Nuka Cola Bottling plant and did not see that.  Not to say that it's not possible, but just wondering if it could be due to something else, as with something as obvious as that, one would presume that there would have been prior reports of it if it was an existing bug in the basic game files.

3 hours ago, smr1957 said:

I was just in the Nuka Cola Bottling plant and did not see that.  Not to say that it's not possible, but just wondering if it could be due to something else, as with something as obvious as that, one would presume that there would have been prior reports of it if it was an existing bug in the basic game files.

In the interest of scientific method, please feel free to verify/refute my findings.  Here was my method and my findings.

Having discovered the bottles displayed (as in the screenshot) in my original post, I attempted to discover what might be the problem.

First, I open the CK and select Nuka World only and click OK ...

image.thumb.png.819c6149fd394743a81f4a807328e841.png

With that, nothing but the base game and Nuka World are open.  No mods, no CC, No other DLC.  Just two VANILLA files.

Go to the Nuka Cola Machine in question ...

First, the world space ...

image.thumb.png.70a31a5373e50e1ed74663d95f2386aa.png

Then the Machine and it's bottle placements ...

image.thumb.png.0a66e7cf1bb7a9a90c6586e556cb5541.png

Select ANY of the entries for DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola, go to the Render Window, and issue the "T" command.  This will place you in "top view" for the location the bottle will arrive.  Note that all 6 entries are OUTSIDE the machines drink display area.

image.thumb.png.9f993aef777efd39fcac1d2c71e48d9a.png

That is not how things should be.  For how it should be, lets look at the machine just to the left of the arrival marker when one fast travels to Nuka World from the Commonwealth. 

First, the machine location ...

image.thumb.png.1bac4e814ec043e2919f6cdbc2a0b65c.png

... and the machine/bottles in question ...

image.thumb.png.079bac10f20deb98018e81d8289f6be0.png

One can now repeat the process of selecting any DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola, going to the Render Window and issuing the "T" command to see where the bottle will spawn.  Note that all six bottles will spawn inside the drink display area of the Nuka Cola Machine. 

image.thumb.png.53d556b3799c068dadfa17693ccd0a0e.png

For more in depth verification/refutation, one can repeat this verification process with any of the other eighteen full vending machines and their DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola items in Nuka World, and in every other case, the "T" command will place the view INSIDE the machine. 

Here is a list of all the Machines with six bottles I have found.  You can use any of the other eighteen machines to verify/refute my findings. 

In Nuka Town: (9)

• - Nuka Town, Left of Fast Travel landing spot.   (This is the first one used for verification).
  • - In the area in front of Cola Cars, to the far right.
  • - In the Market surround between Cola Cars and Cappy's Cafe.
  • - Cappy's Cafe. inside.
  • - Inside Bradbarton's office (open afer completing the Hidden Cappy Contest).  
  • - Inside the Parlor.
  • - Outside and to the right of Cappy's Cafe, by the medical area across from the Parlor.  
  • - Outside the walls of Nuka Town, in the parking lot behind the Parlor (do a right about from the Parlor doors)
  • - Inside Fizztop Grill (ground floor).

Nuka Cola bottling plant: (1)

• - On the roof, east side, overlooking the Red Rocket (the bottles are outside the machine, but can still be obtained). (This is the machine/bottles in question)

Safari Adventure: (2)

• - Inside Welcome Center (after Safari Adventure Quest) Down the stairs and to the left in the first office area.
  • - Behind the Welcome Center.

Galactic Zone (8)

• - Inside, to the right of the entrance to Galactic Zone from the fast travel landing spot
  • - In front of Starlight Theater
  • - Above Nuka Rockets (right past Star Control and then right about)
  • - Inside Nuka Galaxy ride (2), in the queueing area.
  • - Outside Nuka Galaxy, to the left upon exit.
  • - By Robco Battle Zone.
  • - outside the Galactic Zone walls, left of the exit nearest to the Battle Zone / Nuka Galaxy Ride.  Left about and prepare for a fight. 

Edited by Scythe Bearer

LOL!  Scythe, not even going to go there with that - your word is good enough!  Just an observation.  Of course, I have the Unofficial Patch, and I just checked in xEdit - the Patch changes the placement of those items EXCEPT for 0602654e and 06026551 (06 prefix as I have all the DLCs) - so it would seem that the Patch team already fixed it, which is why I didn't see it.

Edited by smr1957

OFFS ...

Opened with Unofficial Patch ...

image.thumb.png.fc39c4c467553d3fe858548aff86d1e7.png

3D Data tab for each of the six bottles

image.thumb.png.fbff5941617d0bf03d6c389bcd534ebb.png

Back to just Vanilla without the Unofficial Patch ...

image.thumb.png.d17eb08bdc61f7f6314b048df9fe5692.png

And once again, the 3d Data tab for each of the six bottles. 

image.thumb.png.4942d55872623f39c3336c2b59ec231a.png

And, as you can see, the X, Y and Z data for each bottle matches between the Vanilla game data, and the patched version.

And before you go there ... I have the current version of the game and the associated unofficial patch

image.thumb.png.e363f67bfbe63c8386d4baf098665f55.png

Edited by Scythe Bearer

The Position data does not match when viewed in xEdit (and I also have the current version of the game and the Patch); the values have been changed.  I'll just post one as an example - for 0602654d:

image.thumb.jpeg.4a70f433eeee150c671b899fec1b03f7.jpeg

Best to let the Patch team chime in on this.

The 6 refs that Scythe has posted in his pic are not touched by UFO4P.

The ones you're referencing are in a different cell and have been edited by the patch.

So we'll need a tracker ticket for the ones that need fixing.

4 hours ago, smr1957 said:

The Position data does not match when viewed in xEdit (and I also have the current version of the game and the Patch); the values have been changed.  I'll just post one as an example - for 0602654d:

image.thumb.jpeg.4a70f433eeee150c671b899fec1b03f7.jpeg

Best to let the Patch team chime in on this.

The formID you have in this screen shot is not the same formIDs I have in my screen shot.  You are looking at formID 0602654D.  The formIDs in my screen shot are 06048D2C, 06048D2D, 06048D2E, 06048D2F, 06048D30 and 06048D31. 

Ah, I was going by the formIDs in the third pic in the second set of pics in the second post.  Which was an example of the correct placement - well, brainfart city, here! :facepalm:

As to me not seeing it (because I didn't when I was there) - I wonder if it could be due to my playstyle.  When entering an area, I usually toss a couple of grenades first - just in case there may be enemies.  So maybe I knocked the bottles to the ground?  Because there were some empty vending machines and the occasional full bottles lying around on the floor along with empty ones.  Well, I don't really know that much about FO4 - it's my run and gun game when I want a break.

Edited by smr1957

13 hours ago, smr1957 said:

Ah, I was going by the formIDs in the third pic in the second set of pics in the second post.  Which was an example of the correct placement - well, brainfart city, here! :facepalm:

As to me not seeing it (because I didn't when I was there) - I wonder if it could be due to my playstyle.  When entering an area, I usually toss a couple of grenades first - just in case there may be enemies.  So maybe I knocked the bottles to the ground?  Because there were some empty vending machines and the occasional full bottles lying around on the floor along with empty ones.  Well, I don't really know that much about FO4 - it's my run and gun game when I want a break.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but after all this time, I (and others) are still discovering things in Fallout 4 we have "never seen before".  Is it really all that surprising that there are still bugs which are unreported?