Far harbor CTD & landscape/items become invisible/visible

codsworth

Iv got 500hrs on this playthrough after giving up playing a few years ago (after amassing over 2000+hrs and quitting due to bugs/game breaking glitches) and thus far I have had such a wonderful stable game. I run about 50 mods (Xbox series X). I have just completed all IV wanted in the commonwealth for the time being and headed to far harbor tonight. (Long anticipated as I loved it more than the base game previously) and immediately I noticed issues. Right off the bat I had 2 CTD right after passing the first 4 trappers while following Longfellow to Acadia. (Only like 6 total CTD in the previous 500hrs prior which I find absolutely mind blowing considering my previous experience of having that many or more every single session id play). Got past those CTD, made it to the park area, and from there to Acadia I notice a large portion of landscaping and other static items disappear/reappear depending on my view point. I have tried to research this and everything I find seems to point to the UFO4P being the culprit. Is this accurate? Is there a fix/patch for it? Could it be something else? I don't use texture/landscape mods but more than happy to list my load order if wanted. I beg any help is greatly appreciated, I can't bear another restart I just can't, my heart is broken enough over this. Thank you all!

Disregard!!! I LOVE you whoever made the recent mod update!!!!! ❤️❤️ I just went to look for a patch or something and saw there was a update, and it fixed my issues after updating!!! I'm a complete knob about mods & tech in general, if someone can please post a link in this thread where I can give a donation to the person/people that created this mod it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

1 hour ago, codsworth said:

please post a link in this thread where I can give a donation to the person/people that created this mod it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Here is the link to Arthmoor's Patreon:   https://www.patreon.com/arthmoor

Look to the bottom of this page for donation options. 

On 3/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, Scythe Bearer said:

On 3/31/2023 at 2:47 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

Thank you!!! 

Ps. I know literally nothing about modding. 

I have now got about 20hrs into far harbor, after updating the patch. The texture issues are still fixed and working properly, however I'm still experiencing repeatable CTD in certain areas. Like 20 CTD in 20hrs compared to 6 CTD in nearly 500 hrs in the commonwealth. Everything I Google says it's the UFO4P causing it, which I find hard to believe but again I know nothing about mods. Years ago it was the opposite (pre patch), CTD like crazy in the commonwealth, but far harbor was pretty stable. The only other reason I could find is some said the Boston fps fix mod, which I use. Is it safe to disable that while I'm in far harbor and see if it helps? I'd say it could be my load order, as I just followed the mod recommended order, though only a few had instructions on where to put them, but until this point it's been working wonderfully. I just want to enjoy an entire playthrough at least once 😭

Again I thank all you modders for your efforts and patrons that respond to help and put up with us players, it's truly appreciated!!

Boston FPS Fix is likely where your problems are coming from. That mod is literally a collection of deleted refs and should never be used. That shouldn't affect Far Harbor but this game's engine is a mishmash of oddly unrelated things breaking each other when edited so you never know.

Unfortunately it's also not safe to remove mods on an existing save so you're going to be stuck with it until you're ready to begin a new game.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Boston FPS Fix is likely where your problems are coming from. That mod is literally a collection of deleted refs and should never be used. That shouldn't affect Far Harbor but this game's engine is a mishmash of oddly unrelated things breaking each other when edited so you never know.

Unfortunately it's also not safe to remove mods on an existing save so you're going to be stuck with it until you're ready to begin a new game.

I was afraid of that, but thank you for taking the time to respond. One last question if you wouldn't mind, if I create 2 back to back saves, and disabled Boston fps fix and load one save just to see what happens, would that allow everything to remain the same on the other save so long as I enabled the Boston fps before loading the other save? Thanks again!!

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Thank you!!! 

I have now got about 20hrs into far harbor, after updating the patch. The texture issues are still fixed and working properly, however I'm still experiencing repeatable CTD in certain areas. Like 20 CTD in 20hrs compared to 6 CTD in nearly 500 hrs in the commonwealth. Everything I Google says it's the UFO4P causing it, which I find hard to believe but again I know nothing about mods. Years ago it was the opposite (pre patch), CTD like crazy in the commonwealth, but far harbor was pretty stable. The only other reason I could find is some said the Boston fps fix mod, which I use. Is it safe to disable that while I'm in far harbor and see if it helps? I'd say it could be my load order, as I just followed the mod recommended order, though only a few had instructions on where to put them, but until this point it's been working wonderfully. I just want to enjoy an entire playthrough at least once 😭

Again I thank all you modders for your efforts and patrons that respond to help and put up with us players, it's truly appreciated!!

40 minutes ago, codsworth said:

One last question if you wouldn't mind, if I create 2 back to back saves, and disabled Boston fps fix and load one save just to see what happens, would that allow everything to remain the same on the other save so long as I enabled the Boston fps before loading the other save?

It would, but the thing with mod removal is that the problems caused by doing it are not always immediately noticeable. You could end up going for a few days before realizing you can't get into Boston or some other weird problems come up. That's part of why it's not safe to do that.

On 4/4/2023 at 6:53 PM, Arthmoor said:

It would, but the thing with mod removal is that the problems caused by doing it are not always immediately noticeable. You could end up going for a few days before realizing you can't get into Boston or some other weird problems come up. That's part of why it's not safe to do that.

Thank you once again!  Just a FYI since your the mod creator, even after updating, I'm still encountering neon green mutant hounds and thus far I think 6 area in FH that still have the landscape glitches. Iv been keeping track of locations if there's a place to send them.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:18 PM, Arthmoor said:

I was afraid of that, but thank you for taking the time to respond. One last question if you wouldn't mind, if I create 2 back to back saves, and disabled Boston fps fix and load one save just to see what happens, would that allow everything to remain the same on the other save so long as I enabled the Boston fps before loading the other save? Thanks again!!

On 4/4/2023 at 12:18 PM, Arthmoor said:

Thank you!!! 

48 minutes ago, codsworth said:

Thank you once again!  Just a FYI since your the mod creator, even after updating, I'm still encountering neon green mutant hounds and thus far I think 6 area in FH that still have the landscape glitches. Iv been keeping track of locations if there's a place to send them.

If you're still getting those issues you need to make sure you've actually downloaded the update and it's installed correctly because there should be no issues in Far Harbor and the mutant hound texture is definitely fixed.

49 minutes ago, codsworth said:

Everything I Google says it's the UFO4P causing it, which I find hard to believe but again I know nothing about mods.

You should take what you dig up on Google with a huge grain of salt because most of the time the problems people have are due to conflicts with other things they don't consider. That being said, there's supposedly one issue with "Walk in the Park" on the way to Acadia but so far I've not had anyone able to reproduce the issue and it doesn't occur on PC.