Is there a way to download older versions?

StevieTheSkeever

Well, I personally wouldn't need to downgrade if I wasn't trying to download mods for SkyrimVR. The mod that I'm trying to install requires creation club content plugins, unobtainable in that game. Am I just sore on luck, or did I miss a patch somewhere?

If the mod you're looking at requires CC content, then yes, you need to update your game. Which means if you're on VR, you're stuck on an old code fork that's effectively been abandoned by Bethesda.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:57 PM, StevieTheSkeever said:

Well, I personally wouldn't need to downgrade if I wasn't trying to download mods for SkyrimVR. The mod that I'm trying to install requires creation club content plugins, unobtainable in that game. Am I just sore on luck, or did I miss a patch somewhere?

OK, let's assume you own both Special Edition and Skyrim VR - if you don't own both games then using Creation Club content would be strictly illegal. Even without both games it's something of a grey area.

The fact is, you would need an old version of USSEP and the USSEP VR patch. To be clear, we have never supported VR because of our longstanding policy not to support game versions that do not have official mod support from Bethesda.

As to whether the CC content will run with VR - I've seen youtube videos of people playing some of it, but I wouldn't recommend it as the exe file was supposedly updated to accommodate some of that content.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:08 PM, Sigurð Stormhand said:

OK, let's assume you own both Special Edition and Skyrim VR - if you don't own both games then using Creation Club content would be strictly illegal. Even without both games it's something of a grey area.

The fact is, you would need an old version of USSEP and the USSEP VR patch. To be clear, we have never supported VR because of our longstanding policy not to support game versions that do not have official mod support from Bethesda.

As to whether the CC content will run with VR - I've seen youtube videos of people playing some of it, but I wouldn't recommend it as the exe file was supposedly updated to accommodate some of that content.

Grey area would be a little bit of an overstatement. If the files are on the same machine and Steam account, then just moving some files (strictly speaking, you'd just be changing some references in the filesystem register (and you could even make some symlinks so that Skyrim VR reads the files in your SSE game folder) which I believe is the same way Vortex lets Skyrim read installed mod files on the same machine would be -ridiculously- silly to even be called a grey area... But you know, American lawmakers are so atechnical, that I don't even doubt the viability of it being somehow illegal. Here in the EU it definitely is not illegal.

Edited by jbrianj

Even if you were to copy CC files from a mainline SE install over to a VR install, they won't really work. Many of them rely on new functions in the SE executeable that simply don't exist in the VR one.