Hair and helmet

Nubasik90

Hello! Noticed some oddities. To begin with, I installed these mods / plugins, and the hair, the position of which this Patch "corrects", continues to pass through the helmet. I tried different options for helmets and hairstyles. Оn both female and male characters. Fully enclosed helmets that protect the entire head, including the face, hide hair without issue.The patch is installed - USSEP, but it works strangely. Оn the Nexus, there is a screenshot, which tucks the hair under the helmet. In my case, for some reason this fix does not work. Installed via MO2 v.2.4.4. Game version: GOG Anniversary Edition v.1.6.659; SKSE build 2.2.3. I would be grateful for any advice or hint. 

Spoiler

Image00001.pngScreen-Shot6.pngScreen-Shot13.pngImage00012.png

I believe the fix was for a specific combination of hair and helmet, snd should not be assumed to apply to all hair and all helmets. And possibly only for one gender, as the models are different, even if they share one template for the rules for displacing/overlaying.

Another mod, for example one replacing the hair with a higher-resolution mesh and texture, could also have undone the change.

Interesting, but I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce your results. The helmets (hide and dragonscale per your pics) are behaving as expected.
(Not tested on GoG version as I don't have that)

helmet1.thumb.png.2e7a30fc3d4f01ef6f6aa0a3af7e5913.png

helmet2.thumb.png.c61e8fea048f33921e24651a3ba5625b.png

To check, I didn't put any other mods on helmets, hair, or other fixes. Dear Hana! Could you check something? Try through the console command (showracemenu) to change the hairstyle? Has the situation been maintained?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that strange things happen after changing hair.

Alrighty. Not sure how you wanted me to test this, but I equipped the dragonscale helmet on my newly created female Nord. In Racemenu, I started scrolling through the vanilla hair styles. Yes, at first the hairs started clipping through the helmet, but a simple unequip/re-equip once out of Racemenu fixes it.

It's not like one changes hair while wearing a helmet, do they? :)

If there's a specific process you want me to follow for the test, let me know.

1 hour ago, Hana said:

Yes, at first the hairs started clipping through the helmet

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks a lot for helping me figure it out. That's what I noticed, after exiting the RaceMenu, the hair continued to go through the helmet. I'm not very smart, so I didn't think of such a simple thing as changing a helmet or replacing it. Sorry for wasting your time. Apparently playing games at night doesn't do me any good.

It wasn't a waste of time. It actually had me worried the patch could have missed something along the way through it's many updates so I was happy to help and confirm.

And welcome to AFKMods. :bigcookie: