Mod Dependencies?

Narifia

Hello all, this is my very first post here, so prepare for a total noob question.

I was browsing/downloading some mods, and noticed that none of them listed any required dependencies, not even in the mod descriptions (at least, none of the ones that I looked at). Did I just happen to run across a bunch of mods that don't have dependencies, or is it not a requirement that dependencies be listed here? Sorry for the noob question, I just don't want to run into any issues with having to track down mod dependencies that were needed, but not listed. I feel like this should be over in the File Information section, honestly. Forgive me if it is listed somewhere, and I'm just not seeing it.

Edit: For example, I could have sworn that Open Cities Skyrim depended on USSEP, but it's not listed as a requirement anywhere on its download page. Am I misremembering or missing something?

Which site are you browsing/downloading mods from? 

13 hours ago, Hana said:

Welcome to AFK Mods :)

The first post in the release thread for Open Cities does list it as a requirement so your safe bet would be to check release threads for any mods you download.

Thank you, that is very helpful to know :) I will look for the release threads in the future!

I still petition that it be stuffed under the File Information section on the download page though, similar to how LoversLab does it (their site/forums/download pages look almost identical to AFK Mods). It would be very helpful to those who are just browsing the downloads section, and not looking to search through the entire forum to find the release thread. Just a suggestion <3

Edit: I feel like the same can be said for other critical mod information. I found a great example of a mod that had almost zero information on its download page, but literally everything you need to know on its release thread: Oblivion Gates in Cities. I would have never known that it was incompatible with Open Cities Skyrim, and that's... pretty critical information. Glad I checked before installing (and thank you again for the tip on release threads!).

Just some examples of other helpful/critical info categories that I saw on Oblivion Gates in Cities' release thread:

Download Locations

Installation Requirements

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Installation - Manual

Uninstalling

Load Order

Compatibility

Credits

Disclaimer

On 12/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Hana said:

Welcome to AFK Mods :)

The first post in the release thread for Open Cities does list it as a requirement so your safe bet would be to check release threads for any mods you download.

I know the dependencies for Open Cities Skyrim changed recently with the update to 3.1.7. Has Arthmoor given an official home to 3.1.6 and its patches so I don't have to download the new dependencies?

2 hours ago, Zap717 said:

I know the dependencies for Open Cities Skyrim changed recently with the update to 3.1.7. Has Arthmoor given an official home to 3.1.6 and its patches so I don't have to download the new dependencies?

In a word, "No". 

Like a lot of authors, Arthmoor only supports the current version of the game.  The current version of SSE (1.6.342) contains all prior DLC and four CC items, all are included as part of the base game. 

Consequently, if you wish to play Open Cities Skyrim, you will need to update your game to the current version of SSE.  NO other option is available. 

Only the current versions of Arthmoor's mods are listed on AFK - so there are no previous versions listed or available (that has always been the policy).  As to patches, that is up to the individual mod authors to supply - here or elsewhere.

Ninja'd by Scythe Bearer!