Windows 10 Creation Kit CTD at startup

Mionikoi

Okay. I recently learned that thread necromancy is frowned upon. Please forgive me. That said. I have the problem of 'Skyrim Creation Kit' CTD after a few seconds of being at 'Initializing Archive.'
-I have tried the 'Verify Integrity of Tool Files' through steam
-I have tried to go through the Task manager to play with the compatibility
(updated) (1) Windows 95 & 98 compatibility mode seams to cause it to take 10 seconds before it CTD Xp to windows 8 takes about 3-5 seconds before it CTDs.
(2) Running it in 640x480 screen resolution causes it to CTD in 2 seconds.
-I have tried two mods from nexus that were suppose to fix common problems.
1) Creation Kit Stability Performance Fixes by BoneTongue
2) Creation kit fixes by Darkwolfmodding
-I have tried setting enableaudio= to 0
-I have tried editing the archive to load the masters suggested ' here  ' on steam.

I haven't deactivated all my mods to see if that is the reason yet. Should I?
(update) Disabled all mods. Nothing.
It is in the same folder as my skyrim launcher. Does it matter that that is on my HDD drive ' (D:\) ' ?
I'm new to this whole modding thing and I don't know if I should have something additional.
[07/15/2020]
-Tried downloading via Bathesda Launcher and received an error message that 'Steam_api64.dll was not found' unistall\reinstall. Same error.
-Zmerge In Vortex by Yggdrasil Modding pointed out a mod fix, but.... It is for the SE addition. Tried it anyways. CTD.
[07/16/2020]
-Adding 'Plugin list' from modwatch.
[07/17/2020]
-Tried copy pasting the SkyrimEditor.INI to a version that works on another computer. CTD after 10 seconds when it reaches 'Initalizing Archive.'
-Tried making sure only Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x84 was installed. CTD
-Reinstalled 2015-2019 knowing CK will CTD anyways. It did.
-Tried following instructions on configuring CK provided by Neovalen posted [Here] CTD.
-bEnableaudio= is set to 0 again. CTD.-
-tried verifying integrity of tool files. 1 file failed.
-uninstalled
- reinstalled, run program. CTD.
-Added the text back to Skrimeditor... CTD
-unpacked and followed instructions correctly with the 'master fix'... CTD. Deleted it and Final in frustration.
-Searching for more information.
[7/22/2020]
-uninstalled Skyrim & DLCs
-deleted a folder of mods filled with redundancies that I had installed from another computer
-reinstalled CK twice
-made sure Skyrim's language was set to English (was already set to English)
-Somehow, someway... It opens now. No CTDs on start up.
Next step, I'm going to make a seperate folder for the .exe I will use to play Skyrim.

I had the same issue. All settings were correct. Solved once with a full Skyrim reinstallation but later the problem came back. And after a few iterations i found the reason, it was Vortex and one of my mods.

This mod had no metainfo for a mod manager and contained a lot of nested optional directories with too long names. This is old mod and it was probably meant to be installed manually only.

Therefore Vortex incorrectly deployed it using a virtual install completely with all subdirectories. After uninstall Vortex left the entire directory hierarchy in the data folder, so I didn't find the reason right away. I deleted these folders manually, repacked and reinstalled mod without optional folders and now CK works again! :celebration:

Here's what worked for me, and thus far (knock on Canticle Bark) the many stability issues with the TES Creation Kit  (TESCK) have gone away.

1. Uninstall and reinstall TESCK
  2. If possible - install and run Skyrim & TESCK from a solid state drive  ( Solid State External Hard Drives are now within reach if you cant afford a PC with a solid state drive)
  3. Don't run it from the Steam Interface
  4. If running Windows 10,  right click  the executable (EXE), select "Properties" select the "Compatibility" settings of the app to  "Windows 8" and "Run as Administrator"
  5. Ensure any Virus / Trojan software you are using recognizes the EXE as a valid process

IF you are trying to mod with DawnGuard or other DLC modules, there are separate posts about how to fix your INI file to handle this.

Spoiler
14 hours ago, GamingGoddess said:

Here's what worked for me, and thus far (knock on Canticle Bark) the many stability issues with the TES Creation Kit  (TESCK) have gone away.

1. Uninstall and reinstall TESCK
  2. If possible - install and run Skyrim & TESCK from a solid state drive  ( Solid State External Hard Drives are now within reach if you cant afford a PC with a solid state drive)
  3. Don't run it from the Steam Interface
  4. If running Windows 10,  right click  the executable (EXE), select "Properties" select the "Compatibility" settings of the app to  "Windows 8" and "Run as Administrator"
  5. Ensure any Virus / Trojan software you are using recognizes the EXE as a valid process

IF you are trying to mod with DawnGuard or other DLC modules, there are separate posts about how to fix your INI file to handle this.

I already have it working, but I will take this into account if something goes wrong again. Thanks.

Spoiler
On 7/23/2020 at 1:54 PM, Romasty said:

I had the same issue. All settings were correct. Solved once with a full Skyrim reinstallation but later the problem came back. And after a few iterations i found the reason, it was Vortex and one of my mods.

This mod had no metainfo for a mod manager and contained a lot of nested optional directories with too long names. This is old mod and it was probably meant to be installed manually only.

Therefore Vortex incorrectly deployed it using a virtual install completely with all subdirectories. After uninstall Vortex left the entire directory hierarchy in the data folder, so I didn't find the reason right away. I deleted these folders manually, repacked and reinstalled mod without optional folders and now CK works again! :celebration:

Glad to hear. I have no real clue what I did for it not to work. But now my main issue is learning to do what I want with it. And also what tools that would play nice with it. I'm thinking Blender. I want to make some 'horrible' mods for everyone to enjoy.... Once I get good enough.