Unable to login or register on the AFKMods bugtracker

Multiphor

Hello,

A few years ago, I had an account on the AFKMods bugtracker, but I can no longer login using my old credentials or register a new account using the old email address or username. If I try to login it just tells me: "Login Failed:
Username and password do not match, or this account does not exist. Please try again, or attempt a password recovery if you know the account should exist.". If I try to reset the password, it just tells me: "Welcome to the AFK Mods bug tracker. In order to report an issue, please select a project from the drop down menu below. Select "Open New Issue" and fill out the form with as many details as possible.

An account will be required to submit an issue, so if you need one and are unable to register, please contact us via the forums at https://www.afkmods.com/". I am unable to leave a report on the tracker since I can't login to report anything. If I try to register a new account using the old username and email, it either tells me that the email is already in use or if it doesn't I don't receive any email confirming my attempt to register, even in my spam folder.

I can't remember my old password and I was wondering if you could reset my bugtracker account so that I can use again without having to create an account with a different username or email address? The username and email address should be the same as the username and email on this account that I am using to create this forum post.

Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, Multiphor said:

I can't remember my old password and I was wondering if you could reset my bugtracker account so that I can use again without having to create an account with a different username or email address? The username and email address should be the same as the username and email on this account that I am using to create this forum post.

If you can't remember your old password then do this.

Change your password here first then click on the link in the e-mail verification and login.  After that you should be able to use both your username and password on the AFK Bugtracker.

It seems you worked out the issue somehow, but I do need to point out that what Leo suggested you do would not have helped. The tracker does not use the same account data as the forum so anything you do here will have no effect there.

As for the actual problem with the "Lost Password" link on the login for the tracker, it seems there's a bug that's caused it to not display the proper message for that and I'll need to look into why that's broken.

Yes, I think the reason I was able to login to my bugtracker account again is because the password I changed my AFKMods account to is the same as my old bugtracker password.

Coincidence then, because the account data is not linked at all.

As far as the lost password recovery prompt, I fixed that. It was a bad HTML tag.