Floating Trash

Supierce

I don't know if this is a known issue, but some trash on the sidewalk near Back Street Apparel is noticeably floating 8 inches or so above the sidewalk. Reference Editor ID 0023B2C2 (Base Object TrashDecal03), in Commonwealth, Wilderness, -2, -4.

It's tilted, so it's resting on one edge. Changing it's Y rotation to 0.00 lets it drop and lie flat on the sidewalk.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks! :)

Leo,  here you go. In this first one, all the lighter colored debris is actually floating about a foot above the brick surface:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oayicpn4ua7gc69/enb2017_10_6_16_05_18.bmp?dl=0

And here's my character standing knee-deep in the middle of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/su5vn3325ayf6wc/enb2017_10_6_16_10_35.bmp?dl=0

You can zoom in on my image to get a clearer idea of how high above the brick surface it is. Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you, as always!  :)

Well Fallout 4 are not one of my favorite games and I realized that after I posted.  That would due I suppose, but what I meant is to add a picture (including the ID of an object in-game) into your post here. :)

Yep, I can see that debris despite for not playing Fallout 4.

You know, when something like that happen in-game I always try to bring up the console as soon I see something worth taken a picture.  Have you tried to do that?

Well, I posted the cell, the debris' editor ID, and the Y rotation to adjust to allow it to drop the the ground. I did use the console to identify the debris in the first place. What command do you use?

I don't know the console commands for Fallout 4 do I.  Anyway, I think need to rephrase my previous post a bit.

What I mean to bring up the console is because sometimes, not always, anything that's moving in-game will be frozen.  If that happen then I click on the object and take a picture with the ID visible in that picture.

Ha! Yes, that would definitely help. Great suggestion - thanks!  :)

FWIW, many of the console commands are the same for most Bethesda games. Thankfully!

Well those console commands may be the same for the later games, but for Morrowind then no since Morrowind has the unique ORI (ObjectReferenceInformation) command.

If so then next time try TCL on your char and move around a bit e.g even move below surface and switch to 1st person view then look up or down or in whatever direction you need to, just to get a better view of what you want to tell us.