Relocking the containers/doors through terminals

jpulowski

I have already submitted a couple of those through the bug tracker. But the thing is as long as I continue playing the game they just keep popping up. Usually there is a locked container or a door with a linked terminal nearby which you can reengage the lock after unlocking it thus gain infinite amount of experience points by picklocking them again.

Their abundancy however suggests that the developers might have put them there as a design choice. Which in my opinion is a poor one, because someone with lots of patience could basically level up to 50+ within a day. However some of the containers or doors are one way, even though they can be unlocked through picklocking or through a terminal initially you cannot reengage the locking mechanism, therefore the mechanism is not that consistent to be considered as a major gameplay element.

Do you think this could be counted as a bug? Personally I think that it should be counted as one, because it just doesn't make sense to gain infinite amount of experience points by just picklocking alone. Maybe the relocking mechanism should remain but consequent attempts to picklock should give relatively lesser experience points until you gain none.