wrye bash running steam loader instead of skse

godescalcus

When I run the game from wrye bash and steam is not already running, it fires the steam launcher instead of skse and it f$*%s up my load order :( Is there a way to correct this?

This doesn't happen when steam is already running.

Steam is required for playing Skyrim so not really. You just have to start steam before running SKSE/Skyrim.exe.

• 8 months later...

Another possibility is to create a new file Bash.ini and place in it the path to skse_loader (or skse64_loader):

sSteam=Your_Fully_Qualified_Path_To\skse64_loader.exe

After hiding the regular Launch Skyrim ... button in the WB launchpad (it can be restored for emergencies), we can now start the "non-Steam shortcut" from the Steam icon!

Used to be that Bash was smart enough to launch the game using the script extender loader when the start button was used. Is this no longer the case?

Oblivion does have the toggle button for when Script Extenders are installed, maybe Oldrim Wrye Bash got it too I cant remember, but the newer games supported I dont think have it (certainly not Skyrim SE anyway, I have now got SKSE64 installed, beta testing the new DynDOLOD beta 2.37 with PapyrusUTIL), and Wrye Bash has no SKSE toggle ..

http://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye Bash General Readme.html#launchers-toggles

It needs to be implemented in some cases, but its probably a bottom of the heap to-do item.

• 1 month later...

This hasn't been implemented yet. I'm using a complicated workaround that "accidentally" makes SKSE launch from wrye bash:

- Add to SKSE.ini:

[Loader]
  RuntimeName=SSE.exe

- Rename SkyrimSE.exe to SSE.exe

- Rename skse_loader.exe to SkyrimSE.exe

- Create an empty text file in Skyrim Special Edition main folder and name it skse64_loader.exe (this only "tricks" Loot into thinking that file is present in the main game folder, as it will display an error message if it doesn't find it, at least, with SkyUI; SkyUI itself is "smarter", though, and doesn't need any specific file to be present in the game folder, as long as SKSE is running, SkyUI is fine. Only loot shoots a nagging error message if skse64_loader.exe is absent).

This workaround makes it possible to use the Steam Overlay with SKSE64, which I'm no longer using, but I keep the fix for wrye bash to launch skse.

Could have used an App Icon, just to make an easy extra Wrye Bash Tool Bar Launch Icon :

http://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye Bash General Readme.html#manually-add

Also make sure you have steam running before launching SKSE64 2.06, I thought that if you use the SKSE64 Launcher it would ensure everything was in place before it launches the game - Currently thats not true .. See this post

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5983603-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse64/page-26#entry56979871

I have a habit of turning off unnecessary startups with windows, so the Steam client I have Windows startup disabled

Launching SKSE64 Launcher if you do not have the steam client already running does not flash everything up successfully, whereas if the Steam client is already running, no problems.

2 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I have a habit of turning off unnecessary startups with windows, so the Steam client I have Windows startup disabled

Launching SKSE64 Launcher if you do not have the steam client already running does not flash everything up successfully, whereas if the Steam client is already running, no problems.

I have the same habit as you have, I too wants to improve performance when booting Windows.

As I recall it, if I launched SKSE for SLE it always showed the original Skyrim Launcher when not having Steam Client running.  Does that also happen when launching SKSE64 without having Steam running? :unsure: