Radio Recruitment Beacon discussion

kawaksallas

First, I don't know if this is a bug or not, hence why I'm posting here instead of making a entry on tracdown. If it's not a bug, consider as a enhancement request. The main point is, it will be really appreciated If I can get more control over radio recuitment beacons.

There are 2, potentially 3 problems.

1 - The beacon itself have on/off switch... that don't do nothing. If you turn it off, the radio frequency continues working. Even if you scrap it, the radio frequency is still there on your pipboy and you can listen to it. What sometimes work is cutting off the device power, by deactivating/scrapping a generator or the beacon's wire.

2 - Even If you somehow manage to turn off the signal, settlers will continue to be recruited. At least that's my observations on the new vault 88. I turned off the vault radio signal at a moment that I only had my 3 starting settlers. Few days passed, I come back there and there are now 6 people. How these 3 additional people know about the vault if there's no more advertising for it?

3 - Apparently a problem with patch 1.6, it's taking centuries for settlers to arrive when you first build the beacon. Some people are experiencing the same, some people not, so I'll call this a potential issue.

3 - Apparently a problem with patch 1.6, it's taking centuries for settlers to arrive when you first build the beacon. Some people are experiencing the same, some people not, so I'll call this a potential issue.

Exit workshop mode and they will arrive rather quickly.

1 - The beacon itself have on/off switch... that don't do nothing. If you turn it off, the radio frequency continues working. Even if you scrap it, the radio frequency is still there on your pipboy and you can listen to it. What sometimes work is cutting off the device power, by deactivating/scrapping a generator or the beacon's wire.

If flipping the power switch doesn't do anything, I flip it back on and then off again (and then wait a few seconds because Papyrus isn't instantaneous), and that has always resulted in the radio signal going away for me (unless there was another settlement with an active beacon within radio range, of course).

2 - Even If you somehow manage to turn off the signal, settlers will continue to be recruited. At least that's my observations on the new vault 88. I turned off the vault radio signal at a moment that I only had my 3 starting settlers. Few days passed, I come back there and there are now 6 people. How these 3 additional people know about the vault if there's no more advertising for it?

I haven't noticed the same problem, but I haven't played with the DLC yet; if memory serves, though, you could get this sort of behavior without the UFO4P (I think because of the bogus thread lock in the workshop's daily update function?).