Settlemet Raids - Not exactly a "bug" but ...

Perraine

It would be great if the script would prevent two settlements from being attacked at the same time. This happened to me and I was in Far Harbor at the time. I knew there was no way I could make it to both in time, so I had to choose which one to defend.

(1) Starting more than one attack at a time is a bug in my opinion, since there is a chance that the settlements are too far apart to respond to all ongoing attacks within the time limit. It's not happening very often, but it certainly can happen.

(2) I already have a fix for this. If there is general agreement that this is indeed a bug, this can go live in the next UFO4P update.

Technically, I defined a new float variable UFO4P_GameTimeOfLastWorkshopAttackStarted on WorkshopParentScript and modified its TriggerAttack() function as follows:

function TriggerAttack(WorkshopScript workshopRef, int attackStrength)
	wsTrace("   TriggerAttack on " + workshopRef)

;UFO4P 1.0.x Bug #yyyyy: Added the following four lines to limit the number of settlement attacks running at the same time: since attacks will get resolved
	;after 15 hours game time (0.625 game days), it is sufficient to check whether the last attack was started less than 0.625 game days ago:
	if (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - UFO4P_GameTimeOfLastWorkshopAttackStarted) < 0.625
		wsTrace("   TriggerAttack CANCELLED")
		return
	endIf	

if !WorkshopEventAttack.SendStoryEventAndWait(akLoc = workshopRef.myLocation, aiValue1 = attackStrength, akRef1 = workshopRef)
		; Removed - now that we have an attack message, don't do fake attacks
		;/
		wsTrace(" 	no attack quest started - resolve if player is not nearby")
		; no quest started - resolve if player is not at this location
		if workshopRef.Is3DLoaded() == false && Game.Getplayer().GetDistance(workshopRef) > 4000
			ResolveAttack(workshopRef, attackStrength, RaiderFaction)
		endif
		/;
	else
		;UFO4P 1.0.x Bug #yyyyy: Added this line to update the tracking variable:
		UFO4P_GameTimeOfLastWorkshopAttackStarted = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()
	endif
	wsTrace("   TriggerAttack DONE")
endFunction

Since we know that all attacks will get resolved after 15 game hours (= 0.625 game days), we only have to make sure that the time interval between two subsequently triggered attacks is not smaller than that.

The fix is not retro-active though: if you install it when you alredy have five attacks running, you'll have to deal with them somehow.  They won't get cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

It turned out that the fix above does not solve the problem, simply because WorkshopParentScript does not trigger several attacks  within such a short period of time (it never did). This thread explains what the real problem is:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4807-issues-with-random-encounters/

Workshop stuff is in post #17, but you will need to read the entire thread to understand the issue.