Quests that needs to be *fixed* due to its design of a quest(s)

Leonardo

I've since I cleared out Valthume, the nordic barrow ruin in the south of The Reach, in one of Arngeir's radiant The Words of Power misc quests have I been carrying the Kahvozein's Fang in my inventory.

I think that is wrong, because I can never remove it from my inventory since that dragger are flagged as a quest item for this quest.  I consider that quest to be a faction quest and that makes Valthume a temporay quest locked location, which Arngeir would never send the player to find a word of power.

What I suggest to do in order to *fix* that specific faction quest and Arngeir's radiant The Word of Power quest(s) is to check the journal just to see, if the Evil in Waiting quest for Valdar have been completed or not.

Should that quest be completed and the map marker for Valthume is already visible then Valthume would probably required to be set as re-spawned unless the player are starting a new game.

If Valthume has re-spawned then a random dragon priest could be a dungeon boss instead of fighting Hevnoraak when assisting Valdar in the misc quest, that's required to finish, otherwise Valdar won't allow you to explore the ruin.

I agree, being able to find things in dungeons before a quest is silly. Also those favor quests that can't be taken if one is running, sometimes some simply wont start for no apparent reason.

This is outside of the patches scope, but still among the poor design decisions for the game

Also those favor quests that can't be taken if one is running, sometimes some simply wont start for no apparent reason.

This is outside of the patches scope, but still among the poor design decisions for the game

Do you think that also applies for the Forbidden Legend quest too?

I also find this comment on UESP very intersting.

• This is unique among side quests in that there are multiple places from which the quest can be "normally started".

The question is, what does the "normally started" really mean.  Does it mean that the Forbidden Legend quest could be located in a dungeon(s) that is *faction* quest locked such as Saarthal (requires a key to enter) or not?

If so then WHY can the player find the Lost Legend book and a journal in Folgunthur.  And according to the UESP there is a bug in that quest that could break the Forbidden Legend quest, if the player reads the journal first since that render the Lost Legend book to become more or less useless.

I would say the Forbidden Legend quest has the worse quest design that Bethesda have ever done before and I'm quite sure that such a thing would never happen in either Morrowind or Oblivion.

Here is another quest that needs to be fixed due to poor quest design.  According to UESP a quest item for a Daedric quest can be obtained in the Dead Crone Rock regardless if that Daedric quest is active or not.

I obtained the related quest item when I cleared out Dead Crone Rock in my previous game before I talked to Silus Vesuius, the quest giver, to start the actual Daedric quest.