Slight issue with fix #12950

thebigMuh

Hello good USLEEP people!

I would link to the existing bug if I was able to unearth it, TracDown is weird, so sorry for that.

This is the description of the fix from the version history:

• LItemSpellTomes00AllSpells is not implemented consistently with the other leveled lists of the same type, instead manually listing all of the spell tomes individually. (Bug #12950)

This changed the leveled item list from individually listing all novice spells to instead listing the 5 "00All<School>" lists like the higher leveled item lists do.

The problem I now have is that I want to add my spell to various leveled item lists, so that it shows up naturally in the game. It's a novice Alteration spell, so I want to stick it into all lists that e.g. Candlelight appears in, which are:

* LItemSpellTomes00Spells

* LItemSpellTomes00AllSpells

* LItemSpellTomes00Alteration

* LItemSpellTomes00AllAlteration

If I do that, then in all games with USLEEP my spell will appear twice for e.g. all the wizard traders (once because it's inherited through the AllAlteration list, once because it's directly in the AllSpells list). If I stick it just into the AllAlteration list so it works correctly with USLEEP, then it won't appear if someone isn't using USLEEP.

What's the best way to deal with this? Should I somehow detect if USLEEP is installed and react to that in the quest script I use for modifying the vendor lists?

Thanks for any hints!

Ciao, Muh!

Option a): Fuck those non-USLEEPers! (i'm not an official member of the USLEEP team, so don't quote that as an official message)

Option b): Forward USLEEP leveled list changes to your mod

Option c): Offer two separate esps

Option d): live with double entries for USLEEPers (Fuck those USLEEPers!)

Personally i'd prefer option b)

Thanks for the suggestions!

- A and D would both be evil. For me USLEEP is pretty much essential, but I'm sure there are some weirdos out there who prefer their Skyrim... buggier? I don't know. At least it would result in bug report noise from all those people without USLEEP ("Your stupid spell doesn't show up at any vendor...").

- C would just be a hassle for anyone trying to download the mod, especially over the Steam Workshop.

- I guess B would mean that my mod would stomp over all other mods that change the leveled item. The idea behind using a quest + script combo to change the items on the list in the first place is to be more compatible with others :)

I think I'll try detecting if USLEEP / USKP is installed (using GetFormFromFile like the USLEEP version tracker does), and just not modifying the 00AllSpells list if I find an unofficial patch.

Ciao, Muh!

people who do not use a bashed patch run into issues with leveled lists anyway, so i don't know why you'd want to add scripts to your mod just to accommodate them...