Vampire Spouse

McBuggins

So when you turn certain NPC's (Muiri,Sylgja for example) into vamps via The Gift quest they will not greet you with the "dark gift speech" ever. I assume that this is USLEEP bug,because I almost don't have other mods and at least Sylgja speaks her line if I disable USP. Also her eyes are clearly vampiric but for some reason crimson-black instead of glowing orange.

I just wanted to ask,do those bugs plague only my game or is it well known and universal issue?

Glowing eyes are impossible without changing headparts, which requires SKSE and may result in breaking the spouse's facegen.

The greeting was removed in fix #12409 because the audio did not match the subtitle, but Arthmoor didn't want to delete an info record.

I don't get it. I thought the goal of this project is to fix things. So you just disabled a feature completely and called it a fix?

I think you're misunderstanding why Arthmoor did what he did. See the change log entry below:

In the quest that controls turning vampires for the DLC (DLC1VampireTurn) there is a response set for the player's spouse. This response set can never play because there is no appropriate audio recorded for the two lines and no acceptable substitutes exist to replace it. (Bug #12409)

There weren't any good alternatives for the text and audio in this case, so that's the reasoning behind disabling the greeting completely. Plus, if I remember correctly, deleting info records can have undesired consequences (such as game crashing) which is probably why Arthmoor chose to do what he did.

So that's the solution? If something does not work properly and can't be fixed you just gut it..? Don't you think that at least partially working aspect of the game is better then none at all?

There weren't any good alternatives for the text and audio in this case, so that's the reasoning behind disabling the greeting completely.

I'm just feeling like i am missing something. So as I understand there is inconsistency in subs and spoken words.

Subtitles:

First part - My best beloved! i never knew the night held such vibrant colors, or that the air vibrated so. And at times, it's as if the very shadows whisper.

Second part - It is a cherished gift you have given me. To see the world this way, through your eyes. It will only bring us closer.

Voiced line:

I never knew the darkness held such colors, or the night air smelled so sweet. You have given me a great gift.

Soo...can't you just alter subs to match voiced line?

You are missing the point entirely. There is NO AUDIO that can be used to fix the problem. So the choice we were left with was either to disable the record or delete it entirely. Deleting it would cause crashes and I'm sure you'd be even more upset about that if we had.

Simply put, there is no viable solution for this. Sometimes that happens. Bethesda does indeed screw things up badly enough sometimes that there are no alternatives.

There is NO AUDIO that can be used to fix the problem.

Can you explain to me why that voiced line can't be used? I don't want to bother,but I really want to know.

It can't be used because the response consists of two different INFO records. The first part could be fixed by changing the text, but the game uses BOTH in the response and the second half would be entirely wrong no matter how you cut it. Since we can't delete that without causing problems, and it can't be conditioned to run only the first line (dialogue doesn't work that way) the only solution is to disable it entirely so that the game doesn't crash on people.

If there was a solution available we'd have used it. There is not. It's as simple as that.

Thank you for explaining. But I still strongly disagree with the decision. In on all my years of using your mod and reading patch notes (all of them :3) it is the only thing that I find wrong. There was necromage-vamp exploit that I really liked, but in time I saw that this is indeed a bug and not a feature. But this... you couldn't correct the issue, so you bury it. This is no fixing this is cutting content (not really because the files are still in the game, but in a sense it is). Was it really so bad that you resort to such drastic measures? I actually had no real problems when I encountered this bug (which actually not bug at all but an an oversight). I thought to myself that someone in bethesda thought that the original line was a little too much so they simplified it in the final version of DG,forgetting of course to change the subs. I mean look at this my way: you go to the shop,buy your favorite food,and return to your house only to discover that among all other products the thing that you wanted to eat is damaged,half-mashed. Do you throw it out in the window? No,you just eat the good part ignoring malformed one. The situation of the topic is no different,totally disabling that which is at least partially working is not helping at all. Something is better than nothing. 0.5 > 0

But I still strongly disagree with the decision.

I don't think we have anything further to discuss then.

I just wanted to see your side. To understand why do you think removing a feature is better,than having one at a game.

There are other things I wanted to ask.

The first part could be fixed by changing the text, but the game uses BOTH in the response and the second half would be entirely wrong no matter how you cut it.

What if you change the first part to match the voiced line and modify the second to be blank,or if that is not possible filled with inconspicuous symbol like a dot for example. I assume that it can't be done,if it is not hard for you to explain why,can you do so for me?

I just wanted to see your side. To understand why do you think removing a feature is better,than having one at a game.

There are other things I wanted to ask.

What if you change the first part to match the voiced line and modify the second to be blank,or if that is not possible filled with inconspicuous symbol like a dot for example. I assume that it can't be done,if it is not hard for you to explain why,can you do so for me?

The game will display both text instances, so it would never be seamless. More importantly, however, MaleCondescending lacks any audio recorded for that particular dialogue.

You spouse does react to being turned into a vampire, however -- you'll get DLC1RV06SpouseTopic if you return after their transformation but before completing the quest. The conditions on this dialogue were incorrect in vanilla, causing it to never play. So in a sense, consider that the DLC1VampireTurnThankTopic's replacement.

Thank you for the information,that was unknown to me.

By the way,I've just remembered another bug (I'm not certain) tied with vampire lines. With your knowledge of the game I think you can tell for sure.

When you go through The Bloodstone Chalice quest,further into Redwater Den,there will be sublocation called Redwater Spring. Not so far from the entrance two NPCs can be heard speaking,however,only one of them can be heard,while line of another can be seen only in subtitles. Does this issue the same at it's core (Bethesda forgot to voice that line)? Or in your game conversation can be heard normally and this bug is not common for all?

Reference:

Thrall: "So why don't you just drink the blood from the spring? I mean, that seems easier than running a skooma den."

This line is muted => Vampire: "The boss said it's some sort of profaned spring. It looks like blood, but it's not the real thing. Drinking it gives you strength, but it also gets you pretty messed up. That's why we thought of putting it in the skooma."

Thank you for the information,that was unknown to me.

By the way,I've just remembered another bug (I'm not certain) tied with vampire lines. With your knowledge of the game I think you can tell for sure.

When you go through The Bloodstone Chalice quest,further into Redwater Den,there will be sublocation called Redwater Spring. Not so far from the entrance two NPCs can be heard speaking,however,only one of them can be heard,while line of another can be seen only in subtitles. Does this issue the same at it's core (Bethesda forgot to voice that line)? Or in your game conversation can be heard normally and this bug is not common for all?

Reference:

Thrall: "So why don't you just drink the blood from the spring? I mean, that seems easier than running a skooma den."

This line is muted => Vampire: "The boss said it's some sort of profaned spring. It looks like blood, but it's not the real thing. Drinking it gives you strength, but it also gets you pretty messed up. That's why we thought of putting it in the skooma."

That vampire is supposed to be a vampire with a specific voice type; the line is recorded in that voice type, but the leveled list from which that vampire appears can produce a vampire with a different voice type. It's essentially completely random whether or not the line can be heard.

I believe that it's either fixed in the current beta or will be fixed in the next release.

In the future, please post bugs onto the tracker, okay? :)

Sure but like I said I didn't know that this was a bug or simply corrupted files of my game,hense the question. Article on unofficial skyrim pages does not mention it too. What if I post something that I consider a bug but in reality it is not?

Also you people have intricate knowledge of the game's systems and can easily sort issues to relevant categories,but for someone without clear understanding it can be confusing.

For example,bandits or other hostile creatures like giants sometimes spawn inside lakeview manor. Not in actual house but in house textures (red dots,but you can see with TLC). Can be fixed if you go far enough and wait,trapped enemies will teleport,qickly killing your cattle while you run back. So which directory is relevant most? Actors,Locations or Places References? Also I don't know if this bug universal for all Hearthfire manors or unique to one that I mentioned.

It's easier to move a bug in the tracker from one category to another than to keep track of bug in several different places.

So please, go ahead and select a category, that sounds plausible. It's fine. There cam also be discussion about bugs on the tracker and several people chiming in to help narrow it down and such. In rare cases it can take months or years until a bug can be recreated and/or its cause found. Therefore it is really helpful for the team to have this where it can be found and kept track of ;) even after a long time.

True, it can be confusing what to report and what not to report in the tracker. In general - issues that you can confirm are bugs in your game (and not a mod conflict) should be reported in the tracker, otherwise there's a good chance they will get lost and forgotten. Questions and inquiries about mods, load order, and other general discussion about the game are best asked in the forums. Before making a bug report it is a good practice to search the tracker and/or the change log to be sure the exact issue you're reporting hasn't already been addressed. But when in doubt, just use your best judgement. If it turns out that what you report in the tracker is not a bug or is a conflict from another mod it will be closed accordingly.