skyrim not loading mods, not showing any mods in data files, skyrim finishes sync from 1 to 203 subscibed mods without syncing anything, mods not work

skannerz22

THIS WILL 100% FIX IT

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/492379159718753001/

renaming everything in workshop folder to .old

verifying cache after it

leting skyrim sync mods properly now mods are detected in launcher

then verifying cache again

0 byte download is gone as an extra bonus

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110835-wtf-is-going-on-valve-destroyed-the-workship-my-mods-are-not-loading-not-downloading-not-being-detected-by-launcher-properly/

skyrim not loading mods, not showing any mods in data files, skyrim finishes sync from 1 to 203 subscibed mods without syncing anything, mods not working ingame, steam tries to download 0/0 byte file as if it is a skyrim update

i have tried resubscribing(and i already fixed any mods that were moved or removed) that did not fix my mods

i saw them get downloaded when i resubscribed but that didn't fix it

i tried refreshing steam files but that doesn't fix it

reinstalling skyrim doesn't fix it

verifying cache doesn't fix it

unsubscribing then refrshing steam files then resubscring didn't fix it(as mentioned above less detail)

i tried renaming skyrim folder to the full name but that didn't fix it it also reverts back to just "skyrim" and steam can't detect anything named "the elder scrolls v: skyrim" anyway

i tried this https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4251-skyrim-fixing-phantom-workshop-downloads/

but that^ is useless since appworkshop_72850  is cities skylines.. NOT SKYRIM..

loot can't detect my 203 mods

nexus mod manager doesn't detect my 203 mods

my skyrim data folder is empty like i said already..yet i saw mods being downloaded in steam downloads area..

so where the fuck are my mods?

why is everyone elses mods working and not mine?

my mods worked months ago i had crashes due to incompatability..BUT ATLEAST SOMETHING WAS RESPONSIVE..

yet now nothing works at all

how can i fix this shit 

i also made a post here

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110835-wtf-is-going-on-valve-destroyed-the-workship-my-mods-are-not-loading-not-downloading-not-being-detected-by-launcher-properly/

but their forum is dead

i tried to ask bethesda for help but i just got auto spam email saying they don't support skyrim anymore...with a link to a blog that doesn't exist anymore..

NMM currently has some serious issues, for me since 61.19 or 18. mod updates don't work, 61.22 lost many mod IDs, 61.23 now displays the mod IDs but i had to re-add them manually. at no time did mod update notifications work.

apparently the nexus also does some changes on the serves side.

my suggestion is to just wait it out. i'm checking each new release and see if the issues get fixed. There's not much else you can do if you relied on NMM for your modding habits.

edit: oh i see it's for steam. never mind. carry on, nothing to see here. Better to wait for some smug Bash users to join the conversation :whistle:

NMM currently has some serious issues, for me since 61.19 or 18. mod updates don't work, 61.22 lost many mod IDs, 61.23 now displays the mod IDs but i had to re-add them manually. at no time did mod update notifications work.

apparently the nexus also does some changes on the serves side.

my suggestion is to just wait it out. i'm checking each new release and see if the issues get fixed. There's not much else you can do if you relied on NMM for your modding habits.

edit: oh i see it's for steam. never mind. carry on, nothing to see here.

i am not using nexus mod manager

but when i updated it and launched it

it didn't detect my subscribed mods either because my skyrim data folder is mysteriously empty despite steam downloaded them and skyrim launcher brokenly tries to sync 

i am talking about skyrim and steam it's self

the mods aren't working at all

fallout 4 nexus mods work

and everyone clearly is having their fallout 4 steam workshop mods work

something is broken with skyrim / steam they are all updated though

It seems to me that the problems with Steam you should solve on the Steam forum, I'm just saying.

I do not think that in this forum there were many people who use Steam as a mod manager...

The only advice which I can give you is change to a Real mod manager like Wrye Bash, Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer.

"and everyone clearly is having their fallout 4 steam workshop mods work"

Such a thing does not exist.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4251-skyrim-fixing-phantom-workshop-downloads/

they claimed skyrim app id is appworkshop_72850.acf

that is not true

i checked a mod inside it

and it was for Cities: Skylines

i just tried renaming everything in that folder to .old

and 72850 that previously had cities skyline mods in it..turned into a new 72850 having skyrim mods in it

i am not sure if that fixed it i have not launched skyrim

It seems to me that the problems with Steam you should solve on the Steam forum, I'm just saying.

I do not think that in this forum there were many people who use Steam as a mod manager...

The only advice which I can give you is change to a Real mod manager like Wrye Bash, Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer.

"and everyone clearly is having their fallout 4 steam workshop mods work"

Such a thing does not exist.

steam banned me from their forum years ago unjustly

i can only talk in "discussions"

i just tried renaming everything in that folder to .old

and 72850 that previously had cities skyline mods in it..turned into a new 72850 having skyrim mods in it

i am not sure if that fixed it i have not launched skyrim

HOLY FUCK IT WORKED

SOMETHING WORKED

RENAMING THEM ALL TO .OLD

i launched skyrim and the launcher is properly syncing it's showing them in data files of the launcher, it's checking individually "mod is up to date " "installed mod xx of xx bla bla bla"

idk if they work ingame yet but this looks promising

i checked the launcher data files it shows they are not enabled

THIS LOOKS PROMISING

i also changed "needs download "1" " to "0" in the workshop app id file it was changed back to 1 but i have no idea if that did anything

i am not too sure yet if they don't work ingame maybe they will if i reresubscribe

like 20 mods are in the launcher data files now

all 233 mods(i subscribed to more) were all checked as being up to date individually

IF they all work i don't know yet

but this is definitely a step forward

verifying cache second time after skyrim synced mods

and the 0 byte download was also removed!

all thanks to renaming app id files to .old

since the syncing starts working again you need to launch skyrim launcher multiple seperate times after verifying and i am now seeing even more mods get added to data files

100% fixes it atleast for me
renaming everything in workshop foler to .old

it fixes skyrim launcher not syncing properly(detecting 0 mods installed)
my 20 out of 233 mods are in launcher now.. and 233 mods were all individually fully checked as being up to date
0 byte download was also fixed by verifying cache after leting the above^ happen

launching skyrim launcher let it sync

close launcher

verify cache again

open launcher

let it sync

verify cache again

doing this twice now i am seeing even more mods starting to get added to data files

more mods are being detected

my launcher crashed :D IT MEANS THERE IS A SIGN OF LIFE!

bugs=something worked..incorrectly

lol, easy easy, keep calm. glad to hear it's working. best get a tea or something to relax while it redownloads and checks all your mods. :)

lol, easy easy, keep calm. glad to hear it's working. best get a tea or something to relax while it redownloads and checks all your mods. :)

you should try renaming workshop id files to .old too

see if it fixes anything for you

i don't use the workshop. my issue is purely with NMM :/

but that's the thing

i thought nexus was broken too

but it was infact steam.. and .old renaming fixed it