Elemental Fury - Not for enchanted weapons anymore?

Hopper25

Hey guys and gals,

I have recently began using the new legendary unified USKP patch, however, once I got the Elemental Fury shout it turned out it doesn't work on enchanted weapons anymore. Was the enchantment part of the fix reversed...?

Cheers and Thank You in advance.

PS. I have also noticed that, even with the previous separate Dawnguard patch, my Vampire Lord Drain is seriously weakened when Serana is my active companion, just like in the vanilla game although I had the patch active in my LO. The bug persists even after upgrading to the Unified patch and was fixed only via  separate .esp hotfix mod.

1) The Elemental Fury shout was never intended to work with any enchanted weapons at all. There was a bug that allowed you to bypass this restriction which was patched in USKP 1.3.2 (see details below) and is also included in USLEEP.

When performing a dual wield power attack with both hands simultaneously, the game only checks if Elemental Fury is active on the left hand. By equipping an enchanted item on your right hand and an unenchanted item on your left hand, you can somewhat bypass Elemental Fury's restriction on use with enchanted weapons.

2) The Vampire Lord Drain spell being weakened when Serana is a follower was done intentionally by the developers and isn't a bug despite what UESP and other wiki sites may try to claim.

More details: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15762-dg-vampire-lords-vampiric-drain-massively-less-powerful-if-serana-is-following/

Thank You. That explains a lot. I could not find the entires in the history log, which I always verify first.

Personally, I applied a "fix" to bypass the drainball restriction when Serana is with me. I simply keep her away and make sure not to hit her ;)

• 3 weeks later...

1) The Elemental Fury shout was never intended to work with any enchanted weapons at all. There was a bug that allowed you to bypass this restriction which was patched in USKP 1.3.2 (see details below) and is also included in USLEEP.

When performing a dual wield power attack with both hands simultaneously, the game only checks if Elemental Fury is active on the left hand. By equipping an enchanted item on your right hand and an unenchanted item on your left hand, you can somewhat bypass Elemental Fury's restriction on use with enchanted weapons.

How do we know that shout was never intended to work with enchanted weapons?

How do we know that shout was never intended to work with enchanted weapons?

The following message pops up when you attempt to use the shout with an enchanted weapon equipped: "Your weapon is already enchanted". That indicates that the developers didn't intend for it to be possible. Additionally, using the shout with an enchanted weapon would make the player insanely overpowered. There is other evidence in the game code but I don't personally understand enough about it to give any specifics.

The following message pops up when you attempt to use the shout with an enchanted weapon equipped: "Your weapon is already enchanted". That indicates that the developers didn't intend for it to be possible. Additionally, using the shout with an enchanted weapon would make the player insanely overpowered. There is other evidence in the game code but I don't personally understand enough about it to give any specifics.

Well, that Elemental Fury did not apply to an enchanted weapon held in the left hand could have been unintended as an unforeseen consequence of preventing all enchantments from being applied to already enchanted items.

The following message pops up when you attempt to use the shout with an enchanted weapon equipped: "Your weapon is already enchanted". That indicates that the developers didn't intend for it to be possible.

Isn't that the standard message for when you try to enchant an already enchanted weapon? It's doesn't sound like a message specifically designed for that shout.

Well, that Elemental Fury did not apply to an enchanted weapon held in the left hand could have been unintended as an unforeseen consequence of preventing all enchantments from being applied to already enchanted items.

We already determined that wasn't the case and that there was clear evidence that it wasn't. The project member who did the fix (assuming they're still around) would have to comment in further detail on that because I can't recall a lot of specifics. Either way though since it was a legitimate fix, we won't be considering reversing that decision so there's really no reason to continue debating it any further.

Isn't that the standard message for when you try to enchant an already enchanted weapon? It's doesn't sound like a message specifically designed for that shout.

I guess I was slightly off. It says: "Your current weapon is already enchanted."  http://postimg.org/image/ezbhk4hpn/

As far as I know you aren't even given the option to enchant an already enchanted weapon at an enchanting station. You're only given the option to enchant weapons and armor that have no existing enchantments.

As far as I know you aren't even given the option to enchant an already enchanted weapon at an enchanting station. You're only given the option to enchant weapons and armor that have no existing enchantments.

Applying any magic effect of the Enhance Weapon archetype whose associated item is an Enchantment would produce this message. The message is not unique to Elemental Fury.

If Enhance Weapon magic effects must apply an enchantment, and enchantments cannot be applied to enchanted weapons, then Elemental Fury should not allow the player to try to apply the enchantment to an enchanted weapon in the left or right hand because doing so would only produce this message. I would think that you'd want to make that argument.

Technically, the same limitation that prevented silver weapons from being enchanted is preventing elemental fury from applying to enchanted weapons. The former was fixed by USLEEP, because it is considered an oversight by the developers. I would not think the elemental fury case is any different, unless there was further evidence that it is intended. If so, i haven't heard about it yet. Then again, USLEEP never tried to fix this in the first place, since his never was what the fixes related to it set out to do. The fix as implemented was just a side product of the bow and dagger issues and so far i seem unable to even locate a tracker entry for the 'enchanted weapons with elemental fury' issue. Meaning: There is no documentation bout the hows and whys this might or might not be a bug.