ESP names

Freso

So I'm about to add the UFO4P .esp's pre-emptively to the LOOT masterlist so we're ready from the get-go, but I came across one thing: what are you going to name the DLC patches? Follow the Skyrim one of using the DLC filename (sans extension), like "Unoffical DLCworkshop01 Patch.esp" or are you going to name it using the speakable name, like "Unofficial Wasteland Workshop Patch.esp"?

They'll be the "speakable" names:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

Unofficial Automatron Patch.esp

Unofficial Wasteland Workshop Patch.esp

Unofficial Far Harbor Patch.esp (assuming this is the 3rd DLC name)

One thing - I'm going to need to see how FO4 handles the UFO4P in it's ESM form to see if you can even move it ahead of the DLCs. If that's not possible I think that's going to end up changing some plans we had initially. It may end up not being possible to run the load order the way we did with Skyrim initially. Could end up needing to go straight to a unified patch so we don't end up tripping over ourselves with getting priority right on the edits.

Sure. I'm keeping an eye on this forum (and this topic), so as long as you post it in here somewhere, I'm likely to see it and follow up on it in the masterlist. :) (I went to add the preliminary support after seeing the "Load order should be as follows" in the "Frequently Asked Questions - About the Project" topic.)

One thing - I'm going to need to see how FO4 handles the UFO4P in it's ESM form to see if you can even move it ahead of the DLCs. If that's not possible I think that's going to end up changing some plans we had initially. It may end up not being possible to run the load order the way we did with Skyrim initially. Could end up needing to go straight to a unified patch so we don't end up tripping over ourselves with getting priority right on the edits.

Even if this seems hardcoded, I'm fairly certain you can bypass it with the following INIs :

[General]
sTestFile10=
sTestFile9=
sTestFile8=
sTestFile7=
sTestFile6=
sTestFile5=
sTestFile4=
sTestFile3=
sTestFile2=
sTestFile1=Fallout4.ESM

Though the fact that only Fallout4.ESM is in there by default make me think that you shouldn't need it, everything should work the same as in previous games.

With the popular "Season Pass" thing and very short time spans between DLC releases compared to previous games, it is resonable to go for unified patch right from the start.

Well, there could also be separate 1.0 versions, and then the download numbers of the individual files would pretty much tell, how feasible it will be to maintain 7 separate patches by the end of the year. I guess the patchlog for RT and WW won't be too long after the initial release to recreate all the content for an eventual 1.0 unified, should this start to look like the way going forward.