Curious design descions-Helgas bunkhouse.

Mebantiza

Does anyone find it odd that giving Wujeeta a healing potion(Riften), removes the stolen flag on ALL the items in Helga's bunkhouse? Including the items in Helga's room itself. She(Helga) doesn't seem the type that would allow kindness to a lizard to let you have have the run of her place, maybe some of the other tenants(possibly) and even that is questionable. At least with Savanna's minor quest, I can see her turning a blind eye to the players looting after her Mark of Dibella quest is done, but it's far less clear why you would be able to clean the bunkhouse out over Wujeeta.

From a design POV, I dont think I would have set the conditions the way they are now-certainly not for Wujeeta. But I am hesitant to call it a 'bug' either, but definitely a questionable game choice.

Thoughts?

That's really more of an artifact of the way the friendship system works. The bunkhouse faction has a bunch of members in it, and if you make friends with one of them, it causes the cell to be treated as somewhere you're welcome to take low value items.

Short of moving people into their own houses to fix ownership issues, there's nothing that can be done about it.

I see, thats unfortunate. As it stands, giving Wuji that potion opens up the Riften Fishery, the Riften docks AND the entire bunkhouse. The docks and fishery, makes some sense.  Seemed a little overly generous-and non-sensical to me to include the BH. But if nothing can be done..owell. Ty for clarifying.

Outside of USLEEP's scope, but you can somehow fix this with a single tweak : modifying the game setting (GMST) iFavorFriendValue from 25 to 0.

This value control the maximum value of an item you can take from an NPC or a faction considered "friendly". To 0, you can't "steal for free" your friends anymore. This doesn't affect "ally" or "lover". This way you still have the benefit from being friends (nice comments, some gifts here and there, mods like simply knock or iNeed that check your relationship with NPCs, etc...) but don't have the inconsistent "hey, I'm your friend now, so I can pick any food and low value items you own for free".

Might have to adjust a few things, especially regarding factions (I'm not sure if joining the companions/thieves/... set you to "friend" or "ally"), in order to be able to pick items in the main hall and so on.