Nexus Mod Entry?

Daelda

Hi all, just a small note that might be of interest to you - someone has created a mod on the Fallout 4 Nexus called the "Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch" - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4526/? I don't know if they are working with you, or if they just claimed the name before you did, or what. But either you will have to change your "official" name, or see what you can do to claim that name from that person, if you aren't currently working with them. Just an FYI.

Not really the right thread for that, but yeah, that was kind of low. I kind of wonder if that's why Kivan had reserved the page for the USKP back in 2011 before the CK existed.

We're certainly not going to change our project name just because someone thought they'd be cute and steal it since we arguably chose it first.

I hope the Nexus folks will take some action on it, if the mod author doesn't do so voluntarily.

Looks like the mod author is already taking heat in the comments on Nexus, hopefully that will do the trick.

(Perhaps these posts can be moved into the planning thread.)

If anyone is confused by the flow, I've split the above 3 posts off from the "details" thread since they didn't really belong there.

That's been taken care of already. A solution to the issue was presented and I used it last night, and have updated it again this morning so we're good on the name now :P

Arthmoor

A good point made by sunshinenbrick when a Mod page is added a duplicate forum side comments topic is also generated with the same name and the site bot has an OP with a link to the mod page with its initial name.

I just sent a report of the site bots topic needing a name change for what was the UFO4P

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3501245-unofficial-fallout-4-patch/#entry31470440

What I have not done because I cannot see it, is report the same reference your placeholder

Our placeholder won't suffer significantly. All that was done was to tack "The" on at the beginning and then remove it once the other name change had been done.

Actually I'm not sure ours even HAS a forum topic yet since it's an unpublished entry.