Arthmoor

[RELz] Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches [UODP]

Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches

By Quarn, Kivan, Arthmoor, and PrinceShroob

The aim of this mod is to fix the bugs existing in the official mods released by Bethesda.

NOTE: These fixed plugins use the ESP master (aka mod de-isolation) method which means you still need the original plugins for these plugins to work! The plug-ins are not a redistribution of modified original Bethesda plug-ins, but contain only changes and have the original plug-ins set as masters. Because of this, these are not standard plug-in ESP files. Merging, editing or otherwise modifying them using the Elder Scrolls Construction Set or other utilities may cause them to stop functioning or cause severe bugs in your game! These plugins MUST load after the DLC's that they patch; reversing this load order, or activating the UODP ESP's without the official DLC's that they patch present, can cause Oblivion to crash on launch or load of a save. (The self-installing version will set the appropriate dates; use OBMM or equivalent if you use the manual version to adjust the load order.)

The UODP is currently not compatible with the JOG's Official Plugins Unnerfed mod because it modifies the original Bethesda plug-in ESP files. If you use the UODP overtop of Unnerfed, Oblivion may crash on launch. The UODP is compatible with S.M. Plug-In Refurbish (move the S.M. ESP's after the UODP ones with OBMM or equivalent.) If you use the Horse Armor Pack patch with Slof's Armored Horses, the Slof's horses' reins may disappear. Use dev_akm's compatibility patch instead.

It is recommended to not activate the Thieves Den' SSSB (Sigil Stone Sound Bug) fix plug-in "DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp" on an existing game, but rather only on a new game, as otherwise the middle deck of the Black Flag could lose its doors (as their position is stored in the save file) and/or any objects already dropped in this cell could be lost.

If you find any bugs with the fixes or any bugs with the official mods themselves please report them to either of us.

Downloads

AFK Mods
Nexus Mods
TES Alliance
The Assimilation Lab

Knights of the Nine bugs fixed (v1.1.9):

• Corrected the dead versions of Errandil and Ohtesse looking nothing like them.
  • Corrected the Prophet mispronouncing “Adabal-a” as “Abadal-a” (Sound\Voice\Knights.esp\Imperial\M\NDConversations_NDProphetSpeechUmaril_00002A5D_1.mp3 and NDConversations_NDProphetSpeechUmaril_00002A5D_1.lip).
  • Corrected several responses to the “Prophet” topic that set a quest stage suggesting that the player go listen to his preaching only appearing after the player had already met the Prophet and agreed to quest for the Crusader’s Relics.
  • The Prophet’s “loremasters” speech will no longer link back to his main speech – if this happened, and his speech tried to link to the “loremasters” rant again, it would cause him to say goodbye to himself.
  • “Look well upon the Chapel of Dibella…” -> “Look well upon this Chapel of Dibella…”
  • “Repent! I say again, REPENT!” -> “Repent! I say, REPENT!”
  • “Umaril -- yes, your children know that name…” -> “Umaril -- yes, your children know that name…” (extra space)

Horse Armor bugs fixed (v1.0.9):

• Corrected the plugin’s quest triggering prematurely (other plugins had conditions which prevented them from starting until the player left the Sanctum).

The Orrery bugs fixed (v1.0.7):

• Corrected the plugin’s quest triggering prematurely (other plugins had conditions which prevented them from starting until the player left the Sanctum).

Thieves Den bugs fixed (v1.0.15):

• Corrected changes from version 1.0.14 not being mirrored into the SSSB plugin.

The previous version history can be found here as it is too large to put in one post.

I posted on the nexus page, but I'll repost here for visibility, and in hopes of a swift fix.

I figured out what's causing the UODP fix for the Mystic Emporium to not work correctly. UODP makes a change to the upstairs interior door in the Mystic Emporium. The door is incorrectly set to be owned by "ICMysticEmporiumFaction", instead of "GenericOwner" (like the interior doors in all other buildings in the game). This causes the shop to never actually open, and thus blocks the locked door fix, as well as introducing a new issue where it is always considered trespassing when entering the shop.

And I will quote my response to that post:

Setting the door to a different owner isn't an issue unless Calindil also isn't in the ICMysticEmporiumFaction, which he is in DLCFrostcrag.esp.

When an NPC unlocks their doors, they will unlock any doors they personally own (i.e., their base actor owns it), or just a door to an exterior if the doors are owned by a faction. The GenericOwner faction is Bethesda's solution to NPCs owning their doors -- they'd unlock the doors to private areas like basements and bedrooms.

However, if a door is owned by a faction, even a faction which an NPC is a member of, they won't unlock them unless they lead to an exterior.

There's no problem if the doors are owned by a faction, but what would be a problem is Calindil no longer being a member of that faction, such as if a later-loading mod (say, a cosmetic mod) is altering his base record.

Hi! I have a Bash Tag suggestion if there's ever an update.

Add Relev to "Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp" to preserve the removal of the "Calculate from all levels <= player's level" flag from the "NDLL0ArmorHeavyBoots" Leveled Item list. The removal of this flag seems to correspond to the line " Fixed the leveling on the heavy Boots of the Crusader so that the player always receives the correct version for their level both from the quest and the armor stand at the Priory (instead of possibly a lower-level version)" in the change log.

Wrye Bash includes this leveled list with the flag in place in the Bashed Patch even if the only mods containing the list are "Knights.esp" and "Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp". Basically, unless Relev is in place, the change is reverted even if there are no conflicting mods. From reading the Bash Tag documentation, I gather that this is probably intended behaviour.

Just in case you're curious, "Knights.esp" itself does not have the Relev tag.

Tested with both CBash and PBash in Wrye Bash v307.201803112048 Standalone on a load order with just the official DLC and their respective patches in place. See the attached image for the PBash result.

The BOSS Masterlist has this Tag suggestion in place already, but it's not yet in the LOOT one. Regardless, having the Relev Tag in the file header seems prudent.

Thanks for your time.

Knights - Unoffical Patch Needs Relev Tag.png