A proposed solution to the bedding in the Jarl's Longhouse (Winterhold)

Lysistrata

I know that the USKP has already "solved" this by giving Malur Seloth a bedroll, but it really doesn't seem like an optimal solution to me, so I'd like to propose a more complex, but also more elegant (IMO) solution:

1. Make Thaena sleep with the Jarl, give her/Thonjolf's bed upstairs to Malur.

2. Duplicate Assur's bed and replace the duplicate with an identical adult version, for Thonjolf. Attach Assur's bed to the WinterholdSonsGarrisonEnableMarker, and Thonjolf's to the WinterholdImperialGarrisonEnableMarker.

That way, everyone has a bed, without actually adding in more beds.

As Thaena is housecarl to Korir, and as housecarls are sworn to protect life, sleeping may not be an option while the protected is asleep.

Are there any other Jarls that share beds in Skyrim besides Alsfur and Igrod?

But then, I never ever felt the relationship between the Jarl and his wife to be exactly warm: maybe it's just the venue- the vibes- the conversations- the mean ambient temperature.  :P

We added the extra bed precisely to avoid more complex solutions that need to edit more things to resolve the issue. We generally prefer that approach where possible.

It's a good suggestion, but not something we'd be interested in modifying at this point.