NPC random chatter bug?

Nuka Pete

Hey all,

First post :)

Possible bug: This is something that has bother me for some time. The NPC random chatter (e.g. Ysolda and Nazeem in Whiterun markets) eventually ceases in all my saves. I'm currently 6 hours into a new game, just completed dragon rising, and NPCs have suddenly stopped chatting to each other.

I've searched around and can't find much info on this subject. Is this a bug or simple case of NPCs running out of things to say to each other? Does anyone else experience this?

I think they are supposed to repeat a lot of their lines after some time. Have you tried enabling your papyrus log to see if something is choking the skript execution? It may also be a quest running (could be from a mod) that stops them from doing their regular stuff.

Anyway, welcome to afkmods

Thanks for responding so quickly. Are you saying they should start up again?

I will try enabling the papyrus log tomorrow (it's late here).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to say that I have the same problem as Grutflord, only it just fixed itself.

NPCs stopped doing their random npc-to-npc conversations sometime after I take the quest to bring the stone tablet. They started talking to each other again sometime after I finished dragon rising. This ceased their interactions globally, i.e. conversations in Markarth also stopped. What else I observed was that the stop/start again thing happened after I left Whiterun for some time and turned the game/computer off in the meantime.

[EDIT:] yeah.... I was way too positive. It was just one talk happening, then nothing again, even in places I know people are talking. Tried to enable papyrus, but nothing is appering in the skyrim folder in data files. Can anybody confirm that this stop in conversations goes away?