The point where Skyrim doesn't make sense.

Deathbydestiny

So I have just returned to Skyrim after a long break because it totally wore me out. I decided to debug and track down the cause of some issues I found that the USKP has fixed but are not fixed in my game for some reason. Thinking this was a mod issue I played a game through with just USKP loaded along with any loose files and SKSE plugins intact.

I played to the points where I had these issues and with no other mod loaded except USKP, I could still produce all the issues. This has left me at a loss because I'm now out of ideas. How can this be happening still? There is no way any of the loose files could be doing this as far as I know with my knowledge of Skyrim modding.

I have a save if people want to take a crack at it though and check it out.

The problems I'm trying to fix is the Whiterun Stormclock camp still being enabled after Battle for Whiterun is done, The soldier at Soljunds Sinkhole still being a reach guard and not changing to Stormcloak when I take the reach and then when doing Meridia's quest and falling to my death when it drops me back to the ground.

Huh, I didn't realise that the Whiterun Stormcloak camp thing was fixed by USKP. Yeah, I've still got that too, and I've had it after the Battle for Whiterun as long as I can remember in all my saves [Mostly Imperial]. I don't, however, have that issue with Meridia's quest.

It's so odd, it's as if the game has this hidden cache or something.

Edit: So I went ahead and reinstalled the game and the USKP. I played up until the Battle of Whiterun and the camp still does not get removed. I will continue on and see if the other issues are present now too. If they are I may need to make myself my own little addon to fix them for myself.

It would help to know which camp you're referring to. The big one outside the city next to the farms or the smaller one up in the hills next to the giant camp?

The Civil War code is picky as hell too, it doesn't always process as quickly as most of us think it should. I've had it take as long as 20 minutes real time for the battle clutter in Windhelm to change back to normal for instance.

Soljund's Sinkhole should have converted over. Might be the same deal like with Windhelm, but who knows. Digging through the rat's nest of CW code is really a nightmare.

I've been through the sequence with Meridia countless times and can't reproduce what you're seeing. Both with my own chars (it's easy enough to reach with an LAL start) and with some saves provided by others. Never once have I fallen to my death.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Whiterun_Military_Camp is the one I'm talking about. I'll have to get back to you on the other issues though.

I think you are right though about processing time, it expects it all to happen within a certain amount and when you are on a weak computer it doesn't do it in time and then just ends up failing to clear. I believe this is true for the issue with Meridia and the reason why some have the issue and some don't.

I mean if there is even a way to fix this then I'd be more than happy to help, it seems to only happen to a few people like me after all. It bugs the hell out of me so much especially more so now that it still happens in a clean game.

Ok, so the main war camp outside the city then. I've never had any issues with that disabling itself properly. It's all tied to a proper enable parent already so there isn't anything we can even fix here.

Ok, so the main war camp outside the city then. I've never had any issues with that disabling itself properly. It's all tied to a proper enable parent already so there isn't anything we can even fix here.

Still, it happens for some people still. Even the UESP article treats the fact that it happens as normal and doesn't even call it a bug (It says so at the bottom). Anyways that one isn't so much of an issue since I know how to force it to disable.

Yes, I get that, but there's nothing we could do that the code for that camp isn't already doing. It's not like how the Riverwood camp never got reset in the code because of whatever crazy problem was blocking that.

I forget who, but someone coined a phrase for this: Skyrim Sorcery.

No I understand. And how I'm treating this may seem like an overeaction :P but really I just want to play a bug free game for once.

What about a harmless script that checks if its enabled and if it is then disable it at the end of the quest?

Said harmless script already exists, in the code that shuts down the Whiterun battle clutter. :P

Said harmless script already exists, in the code that shuts down the Whiterun battle clutter. :P

Well... crap there goes that idea. But wait, then why would it fail to disable that specifically? Wait, don't tell me, Skyrim Sorcery? :P

Anyways, I finished my test round. Results were surprising; Soljunds Sinkhole issue remains however Meridia issue is gone! But I think that might be because the game was performing better without my mods. Anyways If it does happen again then I can use tgm. As for the issue at Soljunds Sinkhole I don't know, I don't have an on the fly workaround for that like the other stuff, any suggestions? Is there a way I can disable the Reach guard and enable the Stormcloak one?

Ok, so I tried manually disabling it and marking for delete, however that doesn't seem to work! So it seems as if it's run, but the disabling hasn't worked because all the stuff is still there. What could cause this issue?

Clicking and typing disable on the objects won't work I'd assume because they are tied to an enable/disable marker. Also, you definitely don't want to use the "markfordelete" command on the objects; that can cause irreversible problems with your game save in a lot of cases. If you have used "markfordelete" it would be a good idea to reload a prior save to be on the safe side.

If the script fails to disable the camp after completing the quest due to lag or some other reason, there is a way to workaround for this problem via console commands (see below) -  at least this worked for me at the time I encountered the issue.

Stormcloak side of the war:

prid 0008680C

disable

Imperial side of the war:

prid 000867EE

disable

Thank you Pete, I was going to have to go digging through the tracker again to find those. If I were to put this in a batch file would that still work or would I need to do it another way?

I'm not sure whether using a batch file would work or not, but I doubt it's necessary in this case. Opening up the console and typing in the two commands should be easy enough. Like Arthmoor already mentioned, there is already a script in place that is supposed to be disabling the camp after finishing the Battle for Whiterun. The civil war scripts have a quite a lot of stuff that they are programmed to do at a given time and it's possible that certain commands such as disabling the camp are getting skipped over due to script lag which isn't something that is possible to prevent with the USKP.

Forgot to mention this, but there is a way to "workaround" the issue with the guard transition at Soljund's Sinkhole by using the console. I'd assume it is safe to use this if the script fails to do its job after the Stormcloaks take control of the Reach; never personally needed to use it myself though since the USKP fixed the issue.

Try the following commands (in order):

prid 0006135F

disable

prid 00061360

enable

That should disable the Reach Hold Guard and enable the Stormcloak Soldier.