Any way to ignore parts of a patch or download ealier versions?

G_Admiral_Thrawn1981

You guys did for Skyrim what Gibberlings Three did for Baldur's Gate, fixed a lot of stuff, and made it a smoother, if not better (although I haven't used it for reasons I'm about to list), game. Is there anyway to install older versions, or tell it not to install parts (like I can with the G3 Fixpacks I can put a // before the parts I don't want installed)? The biggest one is the Necromage vampire "fix." I put fix in quotations because as a vampire, you are undead, and Necromage increases spell and potion effects against undead, so it should work on a Vampire PC.

Personally, I'd split it up into 3 parts. First would be "game-breaking bug fixes," like the bug if you're a Vampire Lord and have Serana with you, your Drain Life does almost nothing. The second category would be what I would dub "cosmetic fixes," things that affect the appearance, or wierd effects that don't really affect anything. The third would be "exploit fixes", where a person could chose to or not to use.

And on a related note, if I install Dragonborn or Hearthfire fix, does it come with the base fixes?

Its not really possible to do what you want, a lot of the changes come in the form of record changes which are in the Elder Scrolls Plugin ( .esp ), but there are also a huge amount of resources in the Bethesda Softworks Archive ( .bsa ) which comes with the mod ( such as scripts / meshes / textures / sounds ).

You would need an installer which can remove records changes and resources on the fly as it installed .. We do not have any such thing in the community.

Old patches are not supported as per the description.

The only thing you could do is become as expert as the team are with everything to do with the game, and learn how to use TES5Edit to remove records from the esp ( or the Creation Kit ), and also unpack / repack the bsa using the official Archiver or something like BSAOpt .. without the associated resources for any particular fix - But again this would not be supported by the team :

The team have enough of a job tracking and updating one set of patches without having to keep track of issues with older patches or anyone elses individual work. The changelogs and records for these patches are enormous ( just take a look at the USKP one http://www.afkmods.com/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html ).

Edit : All of the DLC patches are in addition to the fixes that the USKP does, so do not include all the 'base game fixes'

Edit 2 : However there will eventually be a 'Legendary' Unofficial Patches patch, which will include all fixes for Skyrim and all of the DLCs in one plugin / bsa combined

Is there anyway to install older versions, or tell it not to install parts (like I can with the G3 Fixpacks I can put a // before the parts I don't want installed)?

No, we only have the latest version of the patches available for download since it would be way too difficult to offer support and confirm bug reports when people are using old versions. Similarly, we don't offer the patches in "parts" either because it would be an unreasonable expectation for the project team to keep up with that many separate updates.

And on a related note, if I install Dragonborn or Hearthfire fix, does it come with the base fixes?

You will need to download the USKP in addition to the DLC patches. The DLC patches carry over certain edits and fixes as necessary that involve things that are edited in the base game by the DLCs, but don't include the base game fixes themselves.