hello afk-mods :)

Ragna_Rok

hey folks :)

ive been lurking here a little recently since x-mas, and decided to join up here, since you seem like a bunch of nice fellows :)

Ragna_Rok's the name, orcish skyrim stuff the game. okay, not all is orcish, but its my main passion because about 2 years back when i started to use mods i was a little disappointed .... all those niiiiice shiny awesome swords... and rarely anything for us poor greenskins. even lore claims that orcs are the best blacksmiths in all of tamriel, and this is what we got? ... so i thought "nope, enough is enough!", and started modding. i played morrowind and oblivion, but never modded those (yep, i still have to replay them with mods, goodbye life :D ).

since neither modelling new stuff nor texturing it is a strength of mine i went for modified in-game-goodies. first battleaxe took a couple of weeks, but finally i figured out how to get it working, and even though i was aware that it was a cheap weapon, by far not as sophisticated as some other stuff ive seen, it was still awesome to actually get something to work. couple of months later i made first armor, later bows, and later also tweaked the unarmed combat a little ("fists of malacath").

all my mods can be found on tesalliance (its my headquarters ;) ), and my last 3 mods are also mirrored on darkcreations. i follow a very generous permission policy, id say that 99% of the stuff i made is available for new-land mods, usually i refuse to give any perms only when a mod from me is still fresh and some things are missing, and change them later to "support new lands". also, when i get asked for perms about mods that are still "locked" i usually say "yes, sure" and change the perms descriptions.

after all "new lands" are my main-fuel for my enjoying-skyrim-engine. so if anyone of you works on mods that go this way, no matter if its a valley, island, or a total conversion, and you need weapons or armor based on modified in-game-stuff (mainly orcish, also some iron, elven, dwarven, couple of steel goodies, and several armors), feel free to browse my mods on tesa, and just send me a message. my work is not the most sophisticated one, so if you look for hq-katanas with etchings im the wrong guy, but for years now ive gotten lots of nice comments (back on my days on nexus, ll, or tesa), i got some youtube features, and basically received lots of positive feedback... i guess you notice when someone works with a certain passion :)

(okay, sometimes i also work driven by stupid humor, see "bunny mace" or other mods like that :D )

what i hate especially: mod-thieves, especially when they add virus or other nasty things to my files. this happened twice just lately, so no matter what, only tesa and dc are my official mirrors for now. i gave a buddy perms for reupload some files on nexus some weeks back, he got banned, i stay out of that and just mention it in case anyone wonders about that note on my mods perms.

well, thats my story.

and with this i say "hello, fellow modders and companions in the eternal struggle against bugs", and greetings from germany :)

edit: oh, since im new here: every year i pick another cartoon as avatar. last year it was wile e. coyote, this year its daffy, so simply ignore when i change my status to "You're desthpickable!" now ;)

no one said that, adam :D ... i just wanted a better start here then on other sites, where i went like "sup you lazy incompetent uncreative uninspired pathetic cheap lousy ridiculous foolish clumsy nagging nitpicking weird sick twisted ..." :devil:

jk :innocent:

back to my latest weapon-mod, time for maces and warhammers. which meeeeaaaans:

mc-hammer.gif  mc-hammer.gif  mc-hammer.gif   ---> HAMMERTIME! <---  mc-hammer.gif  mc-hammer.gif  mc-hammer.gif

edit: hopefully i have time soon to make the "Hood of the Horkerborn"... just for fun i turned of the unofficial patches for a while. jeeeeez, what a mess. dedication like that definitely deserves some kind of tribute.