How do I confirm that the unofficial patch is working?

MarKr

Hi,

I've never played Skyrim before and now I got the Legendary edition and I found Unofficial patches so I applied them right away.

However in the Nexus mods the page with USKP has a link saying "Mods made obsolete with Unofficial patches" and on the link I found "Giants Physics Fix (http://www.nexusmods...kyrim/mods/8053) - [Obsoleted by Official Patch] - GiantPhysicsFix.esp" - The mod describtion doesn't tell me much so I thought that this mod fixes the giant glitch that fires you sky-high if get killed by a Giant. However it happened to me a few times anyway so I ask myself if the Unofficial patches really work on my game.

Is there some notorious, easily confirmed bug that was present in vanila game and is fixed in Unofficial patch so I can confirm it's working?

Btw: In Nexus Mod manager I have the files ticked and in the load order as stated here on the forum (so it should be working, I just want to be sure).

Thanks in advance for help.

The easiest way to verify if the Unofficial Patches are working is to go to the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun. Inside there are several shrines that the USKP added to remove visual effects from magic.

As far as the giant issue goes, that's an engine bug that can't be fixed by the USKP.

Another way to check is to go to the blacksmith in Riverwood: if the weapons on display are sitting in the weapon rack, the patch is working. If they're laying on the floor instead, something has gone wrong.

Another way to check is to go to the blacksmith in Riverwood: if the weapons on display are sitting in the weapon rack, the patch is working. If they're laying on the floor instead, something has gone wrong.

I've had them on the racks several times on visits without the unofficial patchers so wouldn't call that a sure thing.

Also, if Farkas is wearing the companions armor when you meet him at the giant on the first visit to Whiterun the patch is working (unless you have another mod overwriting that particular change).

But simplest should be to just kill an npc armed with a weapon, if you can't pick up the npcs weapon without looting the body the patch is in effect.

OK, in Whiterun temple are shrines and weapons are only lootable from bodies so I guess that patch works.

That Giant glitch made me uncertain but if it wasn't part of the patch in the first place my suspicion wasn't at place.

Thanks for answers.

I'm comming back to this because, although the things that you mentioned (those that prove that patch works) work well in the game, I noticed that at USKP page at Nexus mod, there is a gallery of pictures and the last one shows a corrected flag of Markarth - it was a rag with the name of the city written in green and now it should have its own flag. However when I go to Markarth, all the way up to the temple, the flags by the entry doors are not changed (So it's the rag with the name of the city written in green). Is that normal?

Make sure if you've got the official hi-res DLC that you also have the unofficial patch for it from us.

Oh...I forgot the HD Unofficial patch :wallbash: Since the picture of the flag was in the gallery for USKP I thought it was part of it and not the HD patch. OK, it works. Thanks again ;)

It's part of both since the hi-res package has an upsized version that we had to fix as well.

It didn't work because the USKP is an esm file. The hi-res DLCs are loaded by esp files. The parts of the hi-res pack that cover things the USKP fixed get overridden. So we have to re-override them in the Unofficial HI-Res Patch.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the giant bug is down to collision detection and the physics.

The big hammer pushes you into the ground and then you violently "pop" out of the ground and push past the hammer when you go too far in.

It's the same physics thing where you can make a ragdoll jitter like crazy if you push it into the geometry.